Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Any Reviews of Pokerchamps.com?

Any Reviews of Pokerchamps.com?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Any Reviews of Pokerchamps.com?

[ QUOTE ]
Any Reviews of Pokerchamps.com?

[/ QUOTE ]

Grate rake back scheme.

Novel GUI love it or hate it.

Client is a CPU hog almost as bad as Absolute. Hate to think what its like on a slower computer. I think it’s the lobby that causes most of the problem.

Sometimes crashes my PC, usually when I stop and restart it (To change number of tables I am playing at).

Games indifferent to bad. At peak times about one game at each level up to about 5/10, but take a look for yourself.

Hope it catches on, so that other sites are tempted to copy its rake back system.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:15 AM

the only thing i cant stand-and i know it shouldnt matter is- the damn atari graphics.
i must stre at the screen for hours it matters to me.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:17 AM

The rakeback system is what got me looking at it. Just imagine, its like throwing an extra BB/100 or more in your pocket. That's [censored] great. Even if the games aren't as soft as party that can make up for it in the short run. I do worry about the details though. They give you rakeback based on your contribution to the pot, not an even split. I don't know how they do it at party, but that's bad for us tight players.

The interface is amazing. Multitabling rocks on it. I hope that the interface draws more people to the site. IT SHOULD beat all the other online poker sites, the problem is the catch 22 of people wanting to play at a sight with a lot of people so how do you ge the people in the first place.

Anyway, how would you rate the games. Are they soft enough for me to give it a try. Are the limit or NL games better?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, how would you rate the games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually only play limit $2/4 and above; Never felt the games were soft, but they are certainly beatable, although I have had the 5/10 game become a rock garden where a flop is a rarity.

[ QUOTE ]
Are they soft enough for me to give it a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only you can judge that.

[ QUOTE ]
Are the limit or NL games better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play limit. Spent maybe three weeks playing there at times when bonuses have become a little thin elsewhere.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:44 AM

When they first opened, 10/20 to 30/60 ran with some frequency, usually shorthanded, all were generally pretty tough. Since 5/10 became the biggest game that runs regularly I sort of gave up on it. WOULD be excellent for 4 or 6 tabling, except that it appears it will be a long while before the site develops enough that you'll ever have 4 or 6 tables available that you want to play.

Also Gus Hansen put in a pretty good amount of time playing at various limits at the beginning, along with erik123 and other cronies. I never exactly saw this as a positive. Generally avoided them, finally played Gus at 15/30 once and as expected he made some strong moves, even at limit, though of course his opening standards were sub-par.

May have shot themselves in the foot with the potentially lucrative rakeback scheme- spawned an army of spammers trying to generate referrals there, which I think turned off a fair amount of people to the place. ***BUT MY REFERRAL CODE IS SPOON, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED*** (kidding. I swear.)

2nd
Old 02-08-2005, 02:57 AM

this site was clearly thrown together in days.
its lobby is too congested and gives me a headache . you cant 4 table what with an empty table?
gus hansen was paid to have his picture there,they threw this site together as fast as they could-gotta jump on the poker wave well its hot right?
YOU WANT TO 4 TABLE? go to prima.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:00 AM

this site was clearly thrown together in days.

They tested it long and hard and spent a lot of money, leading to one of the best interfaces on the net.

Sadly there is no action.

Lori
Old 02-08-2005, 03:08 AM

and sadly, my atari had better graphics
Old 02-08-2005, 03:16 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i do believe they put a lot of work into the site, or at least conceptually, the final product leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

to the OP, go check it out, its not hard to log on and view the action. i propped their in the fall, when they were pumping there new client, and the traffic was abysmal then, i can only imagine now. mostly props and gus hansen all playing eachother, that was my experience.