Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Vinyl labels for Pokerchips.com chips?

I am a little hesitant to post this due to all of the posts about chip labels already, but I don't really think any of them specifically adress my question.

I have a set of 700 Roman Mold chips with edgespots from pokerchips.com on the way, but I couldn't convince myself to pay double to have them labelled. I was wondering if anybody had advice as to whether or not vinyl/weatherproof labels such as those at onlinelabels.com, specifically the weatherproof white, would work well with these chips. This seems to be much less expensive alternative, but if they end up causing problems I certainly don't want to ruin my chips becase of it. I've considered some of the labels sold on Ebay (e.g. lynbark, etc...), but I don't think they will be as durable as I would like.

Any advice/help you can provide me with will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Vinyl labels for Pokerchips.com chips?

PC.com chips do not have a recessed center so I don't think lableing them is a good option... might check out x-file's post of his chips... this may have been answered better.

- Fins
Old 02-07-2005, 02:01 PM

I wouldn't put a $0.015 label on a $0.50 chip. I think you would ruin them. Your chips will be beautiful, I'm labeling some nexgens because I'm too cheap to buy real chips [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

edit: see if you can contact PC.com and change the order so you can get the inlays. even a B&W built in inlay would be better than a color sticker, IMO.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:35 PM

I'm no expert, but why not leave them plain? The texture of these chips seems great. A cheap label would surely be a bad idea.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert, but why not leave them plain? The texture of these chips seems great. A cheap label would surely be a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will probably end up leaving them plain in the end. I was basically just wondering if someone had first-hand experience with these types of labels and was or wasn't happy with them. From the sounds of things, this is probably a pretty bad idea. Like I said earlier, I cannot justify double the price for pokerchips.com to label them.

Thank you for the replies, and I'll try to post some pics once they come in. It should be a few months, although I hear the actual time varies dramatically.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:20 PM

I just had a guy send me some to print his, I dont use them because of the price. They are extremely thinner than the matte or glossy ones on onlinelabels.com. I will report back when I print them tonight and let you know how the final print turns out.