Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Fun with connecting low cards.

Preflop raiser in this first hand usally raises with and AAxx or high double suited wraps. I'll go ahead and say it for you:

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Too aggresive on the flop?
Check call the turn?
Check raise the river?
Any comments appreciated.

Party Poker 10/20 Omaha/8 (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls $3.50 (All-In).

Turn: (7.92 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (9.92 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.92 BB

Bonus points for who can tell me the best way to play this hand [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Party Poker 10/20 Omaha/8 (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Final Pot: 0.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins 0.75 BB. </font> [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

And finally count the ways I screwed this one up.

Party Poker 10/20 Omaha/8 (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Ok I am done.
Thanks for reading.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Hand #1

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raiser in this first hand usally raises with and AAxx or high double suited wraps. I'll go ahead and say it for you:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, thanks for the help [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]... Now here's the real funny part: I like the pre-flop call provided that the game is very passive before the flop... but I think you can guess how I'd play the hand up front in an aggressive game.

Flop: I'd bet out and jam here too. If you bet and MP2 raises, UTG will probably fold non-nut flush draws or the same low draw you have. The only hand that will give you real trouble is AA32 or perhaps 23xx with a spade draw... I don't think you have to play in fear of these hands.

Turn: I would do the same

River: Another crappy river card... easy fold. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Other two hands...

Bonus hand: misplayed on every street

Hand 3: Yikes, this one is tough without any reads...

Pre flop: I would rather raise. Raising might steal the blinds, get the pot h/u in position, buy the button, or everybody might tag along with worse hands. All of these scenarios seem pretty good. By limping the blinds can get in free/cheap, and there is a good chance you won't be acting last.

Flop: I would bet as well. Whether or not to stay in the pot after the raises seems like a very borderline decision. You have a lot of outs, but only a 3 gives you the nuts. Considering the pot size and the chance that it may get capped behind you I would fold... but in real life my decision would be heavily influenced by my reads (which for me is S.O.P. in borderline situations) Still, I think I would usually muck here.

Turn: By this point the pot is huge, so I'm probably checking and calling too even though I won't like it.

River: TThis is one of the reasons why I'd strongly consider mucking on the flop. It's tough to call because of the possibility of getting stuck between 2 jammers with a hand that's a long way from the nuts, but on the other hand the pot is big. I'd probably call, and then call the raise even though I'm not the least bit confident about the strength of the hand.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Other two hands...

Thanks Moneyline.
My initial read on these players is that the play very aggressive when short handed like this so they could have a lot of holdings, I somehow realized on the river what I think I already knew on the turn, that button held a set, and the other guy a higher flush draw and more than likely one of them had a better low draw. I think I should have mucked on the turn.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Fun with connecting low cards.

1st hand played fine except preflop obviously.