Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2005, 11:34 PM

Default 1 LAG on my BB, 4 LP\'s how to play it?

Just looking back over some of my PT sessions, and several of my worst sessions have been with this type (~75/28-40/3+) button on my BB and the other people at the table a mix of 75/0/.5 and 50/5/1 types with maybe one mouse mixed in.

Normally, I'd isolate and slaughter LAGboy, but the problem in these situations is that I keep building big pots to lose to the school drawing two pair to beat my TPTK and such.

Any tips? I've started just switching tables, but this seems like a situation where there should be a lot of money on the table...
Old 02-06-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: 1 LAG on my BB, 4 LP\'s how to play it?

Such situations let you win a plenty of money in a long term. I like very much LP's defending the pot with a LAG.

[ QUOTE ]
but the problem in these situations is that I keep building big pots to lose to the school drawing two pair to beat my TPTK and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's normal. You will win against them lesser times but you need to win 1 big pot from 3 to get fair share and with good hand you will make at least 1.5 or maybe 1.8 from. And not only TPTK+ deserves for you to make big pot. I would be very aggressive here if i think i will win 1.1 pot from 3. Of course you make with your aggression implyed odds for LPs but if he folds very little as well as LAG it's really doesn't matter.

And yes, you will have streaks of loosing 5-6+ big pots but then winning 3 pots get all of your money back with profit as they will paid 1:2 or more.