Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Hand of the Day

I suppose this should be on the mid-stakes forum, but there isn't much poker content, I just found it amusing, thought you might too.

40-80 at Commerce. UTG raises, UTG+1 3-bets. All fold around to me in the small blind and I cap with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Big blind calls 3 (!) and both others call. Four of us to the flop for 16 small bets.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I bet. Big blind raises all-in (he had exactly the amount needed.) UTG call times, thinks, thinks some more, and then mucks pocket queens face up. UTG+1 looks at UTG like he's from Mars, thinks, thinks some more, and then he mucks pocket queens face up. I call the all-in raise and show my set of kings.

Big blind says nothing. Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], river is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and now the big blind turns over 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and my hand is no good.

Talk about a reverse parlay . . . [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Hand of the Day

Did the dealer not say anything?
Old 02-03-2005, 05:32 AM

I'm glad that the first idiot to expose his cards didn't end up costing YOU money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2005, 11:06 AM

Is Commerce using PartyPoker's random hand generator these days? Looks about right...except for the second guy that folded queens...average Party player would have called even after seeing the other queens folded.