Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 06:06 AM

Default I never post hands any more. - 5/10 Week 1

Back at 5/10 and really enjoying it, 2-tabling is a million times less stressfull and I can put in decent hours without feeling burnt out. Most importantly I actually employ reads, take notes and play a whole lot better.

I'll start posting a few of those Week by week posts like someone else was, stats for the week along with a couple of hands. I've been requesting quite a few but never seem to get around to posting them.

This weeks numbers:
VP$IP: 25.65
PFR: 18.39
VP$SB: 36.62
WtSD: 34.49
W$SD: 55.16
Att Steal Blinds: 37.10
Fold SB to Steal: 85.37
Fold BB to Steal: 64.15

Agr Factor
Flop: 3.88
Turn: 2.67
River: 1.56

FRB: 32.47

Hands: 3088
BB/100: 2.78

Hand 1:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 3.50 BB, won by UTG.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to UTG.</font>

Hand 2:

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7.20 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Button.</font>

Hand 3:

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 9.20 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>
Old 02-02-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: I never post hands any more. - 5/10 Week 1

Might want to tone down on the aggression there MR LAG.

PFR 18
Blind Steals 37

I'm not a big fan of your post flop aggression numbers.

Flop is very high, turn is decent, river is too low.

hand 1 bit weak, need a read.

hand 2 yuck, you have no spade 2nd pair against a PFR on a 3flush board. He is raising you on the turn with any overpair and any big spade you really should just let him have it when the 3rd spade comes.

Need a read here also. I'd checkraise the flop against some players.

hand 3 (insert read)

I dont think weekly updates do much good especially with only 3000 hands probably better to do monthly updates.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:44 AM

Yeh i'm trying to openlimp and limp on the button with 1 limper more instead of raising. Let me through out some scenarios and reply to how you might play them.

1 limper JTs to CO
1 limper JTs to BTN
1 limper QJo to CO
1 limper QJo to BTN
1 limper K9o to CO
1 limper K9o to BTN
1 limper K9s to CO
1 limper K9s to BTN

Assume 30-45/10/0.5 ish players in the blinds your normal 5/10 gooses.

About my agr factors, flop I'm going to guess is quite high because I follow through from my large steal % alot, though don't you feel stealing on the flop 3w, HU it's almost always correct to bet in these situations? Turn I am very happy with this number. River is ugly I miss "alot" of value bets.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:47 AM

Also regarding the reads yeh at the time I had some on all these hands, I'm going to make a concerted effort to post 3hands each session with reads entailed.

I've been requesting alot of garbage it seems when I went through I had about 20hands and some of them were just plain stupid I was too embarressed to post them. Others were so boring, read specific or bad beats they would also be a waste of time to post.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:46 AM

hand 1, looks reasonable. i probably would have lead turn and see what happens. not sure what is more correct. i think rory would say good fold.

hand 2, i thought this was a standard pf fold from mp. were you hoping to take advantage of utg? i used to open raise this from mp, but now i open fold it. anyone feel like addressing the pf decision?

hand 3, i likey.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been requesting alot of garbage it seems when I went through I had about 20hands and some of them were just plain stupid I was too embarressed to post them. Others were so boring, read specific or bad beats they would also be a waste of time to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't really understand what you mean by requesting garbage? are you manually requesting HH's? don't you have the hands saved locally on your machine? I think a good way to do it is just keep a peace of paper or something handy and whenever you have a questionable hand, you could write down something like q-9s from co... or whatever. later on you would then search for that hand in PT, and if you are still unsure of it then consider posting. just suggestion.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:10 AM

I open KTo from MP every time somtimes UTG, I always raise 1 limper with it as well.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh i'm trying to openlimp and limp on the button with 1 limper more instead of raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh? Why would you want to do that?
I would raise, as default, all the hands except K9o in the CO which is eminently foldable.

Gazza
Old 02-02-2005, 11:04 AM

Hand #1 - For me this is read dependant. I'll bet out or check fold. I don't think you're necessarily wrong with either play. Though I prefer to lead out and folding to a raise. Once you check you are asking him to bet and basically saying I fold. If he is even half way reasonable he's going to bet anything at this point.

Hand #2 - Turn play.

I think leading out here is wrong. You're either going to get called down or raised by hands that beat you. Additionally, you will likely be raised by any pp with a spade or any over cards with a spade (assuming he is a reasonable player).

The only hands I see folding here are lower PPs without a spade or AK no spade. Both of which you beat anyway.

If you reasonably believe he hasn't paired or has a lower PP I think check call and lead out on the river if no spade.

I'm interested in your thoughts here. Why lead out unless you're going to call a raise and take another shot at the river?

Hand #3 - Good play the whole way. Good check through at the river. I can't imagine two pair folds. I can't imagine any club folds. I think any bet is neg EV, because any hand you beat won't call and anything that beats you is certain to call/raise.

I'm interested in your thoughts on #2. Why lead the turn and fold to a raise?
Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 PM

1 limper JTs to CO -limp
1 limper JTs to BTN -limp not much high card strength and the value of these hands is big fields so I dont really want HU. If the blinds are going to come along then a raise is fine.

1 limper QJo to CO
1 limper QJo to BTN - raise both, I overvalue QJo though.

1 limper K9o to CO
1 limper K9o to BTN - fold, I use to raise these here but it just isnt strong enough, so many times the limper or someone in the blinds will have an ace or PP and call you down.

1 limper K9s to CO
1 limper K9s to BTN- I normally limp/fold

Of course against tighter players I would raise a bit more especially if the limper was the type to fold the flop if he misses.

Of course if it is HU 3way you normally bet the flop but against another limper I wouldnt autobet.