Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 12:23 AM

Default World Poker Players Conference DVD?

Anyone seen this? $40 from conjelco. There are some big names involved, but I'm still afraid it might be very basic.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: World Poker Players Conference DVD?

I have it. It's better than some poker DVDs I have seen. The highlight is Negreanu on final table play.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:07 AM

I bought it as well, its the first dvd I have purchased, I pretty much bought it because of a review of the actual conference from either here or RGP.

Its all pretty basic in general, I really learned alot from the Tenner/Johnson section on O8. It made me realize I play this game so bad.

The Lee Jones section even though I had read his articles about SNG it made me think about what he was saying more and I think made me play them a little better when I do play one on the rare occasion.

Tannebaum was concepts I had read before in various books, but for some reason him saying it on the dvd made me remember it more so than what I read in the books. I really liked his section alot because it focuse don Limit whihc is really all I play anymore.

Caro section put me to sleep, I should probably watch this again.

Negrneau he was really charasmatic and seemed to have a good presentation, but honestly I didn't even know what the hell he was talking about. I used to play alot of PL(live) and NL(online) cash games but never a ton of tourneys his whole concept of the fianl table just missed me, probably because my experiance is limited. Maybe take a second look and try to grasp what he is saying. Somebody else also told me this was the best part of the dvd, I guess I just didn't get it.

Gregorich presentation was so middle of the road, I wasn't sure if he was trying to deter people from playing professionally or not, it was a pointless section.

The Q&A(Cooke,Doyle,Harman,Epstein) was garbage, the only thing I found funny was the annoying dealer from celebrity BJ was there asking questions if it wasn't him it was some dude looking and sounding just like him.

Overall you could probably live without it, there are probably a few nuggets anyone could use, whihc I am sure you can find any of these type of knowledge or better on these boards. I figured though, $40 what the hey, I piss at least that much away on bad plays every day. So if it gives me even one or two things its worth it.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:24 AM

i liked it, if you are an omaha 8 player, it has a great section on common mistakes that need eliminated from your game. all in all, id reccomend it.