Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Huge pot with TT and nobody\'s going anywhere

I know it's terrible, but I hadn't been paying much attention so I can't say much about the individual players. My feeling about the table in general, though, was pretty loose/passive.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls $0.15 (All-In), MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 01-31-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Huge pot with TT and nobody\'s going anywhere

Probable higher PPs, possible set/boat, somewhat likely straight, but nowhere for you to really get away from them.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:39 AM

think i fold to the turn bet, knowing that BB probably already has me beat and MP2 waking up with the second 7 smells like trouble.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:23 AM

Yeah, fold the turn. BB probably has AA-JJ or AK, and MP2 waking up is not a good sign for you. If it was HU I'd probably call down to the river.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Results

I bet nobody's expecting this, but MP2 woke up with 99 on the turn when the second 7 hit after the flop was 3-bet, and BB was 3-betting the flop and turn with an overcard and gutshot draw to the nut low straight with A3o. UTG had AQo, MHIG.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:21 PM

Interesting hand. First, I don't see the rationale for the flop raise. BB has represented a big hand, and you can't make anybody fold with a raise, unless BB 3-bets you, in which case you're probably losing anyways and don't want to fold the third guy.

On the turn, BB's check is unclear. We really haven't narrowed down his holding from those we put him on when he 3-bets preflop. That top card pairing might scare an overpair into a check, so it's a bit early to put him on AK.

So, there's enough doubt that you should probably continue with the hand. Now, in this spot, a raise might well be in order. You might make a better hand fold, and certainly don't want to give a cheap card to AK. Raise the turn.

Now, the BB check-raises. Whoa. What? Now I don't know what he has, but this is a serious sign of strength. Maybe a flopped set. Maybe aces. I don't think we're looking at QQ here, and I'm severely discounting AK, but who knows. Strange play, so maybe this is something goofy like quad sevens. If it gets 3-bet, I muck instantly. One bet back to me, I call as you did but am not happy.

Now the river gets... checked to me? I am utterly confused. I'm pretty sure I can beat MP2, but the BB's checkraise on the turn has me thinking. It's oh so tempting to bet getting perhaps 2:1 when I win, but no, I just don't have the confidence here. I check too, then kick myself for being a wuss if I win.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 02-01-2005, 05:15 AM

Mp2 on the turn makes me think he clearly has a set or some odd slowplayed straight, but I still ain't folding. I can't give him credit for a higher overpair because of his wussness preflop.

Damn straight I'm raising on the flop. Screw you, BB! ...uh oh, he 3-bet and MP2 cold-called. Crap. That's a bad river card.