Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Check or bet against possbile flush? PP15/30

I would like some thoughts on a situation I always seem to handle wrong. Let's say you are in early to mid-position, raised preflop (1 or 2 callers) and are certain you have TPTK. The board is not too scary, but there are 2 suited cards. You lead each round, until the river, when the 3rd flush card hits.

Do you lead again - or check? I never seem to play this right, if I lead, someone raises w/ the flush. If I check, they check as well w/ a lower pair. This mainly applies when someone has position on you, as I feel you have to bet if checked and you have position. Thoughts? And do you do anything different if the flush card hits on the turn.

This mainly applies to PP15/30 - where it seems the majority of the players are flush paranoid and rightly so. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Check or bet against possbile flush? PP15/30

I think this is very opponent dependant. Against someone reasonably straightforward, you can bet and fold to a raise. Against someone who is tricky and aggressive, check/calling is probably better. As an aside, I usually lead, since I have not found too many people who will bluff raise the river on a scare card. When I check, it is usually to induce a bet from a hand I think will fold to river bet. (There are a lot more people who will bluff the river when checked to than will bluff raise.)