Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Battle of Stamina

The Dude and GuyOnTilt have made a $500 bet on who can play the longest continual session. It will begin on Monday, January 31 at noon. The rules are as follows:

- Any stake and any number of tables may be played
- A 10 min break will be allowed every 3 hours, on the hour.
- A victory will be declared by either (a) one player surrendering, or (b) one player misses his blind on his last active table. (In essence, if a player is playing 2 tables and dozes off for a minute and misses the blinds at one of his tables but not the other, he is fine. But if he's playing only 1 table or misses the blind at all his tables, then he loses.)
- All substances (natural and artificial) and methods used to stay awake are allowed.

The Dude is currently accepting bets from anyone interested in putting money on GoT, and he's willing to give substantial odds.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Battle of Stamina

is this in any way related to bison's all day challange?

and are you allowed to switch the number of tables you feel like playing at any given moment, i.e. play 6 tables for 2 hours and then play 2 tables while watching a dvd for another 2 hours? or is it you decide to play an x amount of tables and you have to stick with it?

from what i read GoT is lazy about playing, but who knows with money and pride on the line...
Old 01-16-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and are you allowed to switch the number of tables you feel like playing at any given moment?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, for much I the time I plan to be 'working.' However, 36 hours into the session I can't imagine I'll want to be playing anything that requires me to think.

[ QUOTE ]
from what i read GoT is lazy about playing, but who knows with money and pride on the line...

[/ QUOTE ]
He is lazy about logging hours (his idea of a good workweek is 25 hours), but his pride is likely to motivate him. Either way, he was confident enough to lay down $500 even money. Like I said, I'm willing to lay down substantial odds.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is lazy about logging hours (his idea of a good workweek is 25 hours),

[/ QUOTE ]

25 hours is a monster work week.

[ QUOTE ]
but his pride is likely to motivate him. Either way, he was confident enough to lay down $500 even money. Like I said, I'm willing to lay down substantial odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way I want to know what odds you will offer on GoT?
Old 01-16-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what odds you will offer on GoT?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if the wager is under, say, $50 I'd be willing to give 2-1 or so. If the wager is higher, I'd be more motivated to win the contest, and therefore should be expected to offer better odds. The larger the stake, the greater odds I'm willing to give.

Note: Those of you who know GoT or I know that we wouldn't pull the "let's get 'em to put money on me, then I'll dump it" line. I am, however, okay with anybody wanting to offer GoT a piece of the money they make from me. After all, if somebody gets 4-1 or better odds there should be enough gravy in there for a kickback, right?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A 10 min break will be allowed every 3 hours, on the hour

[/ QUOTE ]
Pussies [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
I can take 10-minute naps every 3 hours and be good for an entire day or two. Also, you should set up a fixed amount of tables needed, since this is a heads up competition it wouldn't be fair for one person to play two tables and another to be playing six. Maybe you could base the challenge off of table hours instead. Basically your version of the ADHOC challenge heads up is flawed. Of course if you are doing this for pride you should stick to the original ADHOC rules and whichever one of you lasted, or played more tables would be the winner.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can take 10-minute naps every 3 hours and be good for an entire day or two.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm expecting this to go longer than 48 hours - unless GoT surrenders before then, ouf course. Besides, a guy's gotta pee every now and then.

[ QUOTE ]
it wouldn't be fair for one person to play two tables and another to be playing six.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is it not fair to the person who plays six tables if he chooses to play six? The minimum is one, anything mroe than that is that person's choice.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it not fair to the person who plays six tables if he chooses to play six? The minimum is one, anything mroe than that is that person's choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more painful to play fewer tables anyway, IMO.

1 table for even an hour would be torture.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:13 PM

Not at the end of a 36 hour session. Anyway I'm interested in seeing how it goes. I would have to say I doubt it will last anymore than 36 hours, if you surpass that though well done.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm expecting this to go longer than 48 hours - unless GoT surrenders before then, ouf course. Besides, a guy's gotta pee every now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if you take your piss break within your 3 hour window but then that burrito that you ate out the microwave comes back to haunt you and you gotta drop a bomb? Are you willing to [censored] yourself to win this?