Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Sympathy for a Fish?

I've had a really nice fish on my buddy list for about a month now. He plays every day for a lot of hours.

Tonight I sat down with him very late at night and he got up as I was waiting for the BB. He had never chatted with me before, but tonight he did.

He told everyone else at the table that I was a fish and a calling station He said that it was only a matter of time before I gave my money to everyone(I kind of inferred that he was kidding and trying to help me out).

Then, right before he left the table, he said that he had played with me before. He also told me one guy who had paid him off huge (my fish was about about 50 BB...good for him). He said this guy bluffed at everything. His tip about this guy this guy actually paid off for me big time. I called his raises and check-raises in situations where I normally wouldn't and took down a few big pots.

I actually have my fish to thank for hooking me up with cash other than his own.

Man, I enjoy taking money from my fish so much. Why did he have to go and do something nice for me? Should I cut him a few breaks in the future (I think that might have been what he was after)?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Sympathy for a Fish?

Nope, keep milking that cow. With the wealth of poker information out there now-a-days, it's his own damn fault for still being a fish.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:02 AM

you have two choices. keep going and hope that he gives you more tips. or change your handle so that the fish doesn't know you're there anymore. none of these involve not taking those pots he's involved in.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
change your handle

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possible?
Old 01-29-2005, 04:11 AM

Default No (n/m)

<font color="white">you found the secret text!</font>
Old 01-30-2005, 01:16 AM

I would continue to play the guy tough if he joins a game you're in but maybe not consciously follow him around as much. I also would probably return the favor and throw him a read or two as I was leaving a session and he was joining. He may continue to feed you good reads and join games your in so you don't have to feel so bad about stalking him.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not consciously follow him around as much

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my initial thought. I didn't want to seem like I was stalking him.

I befriended another one of my best fish today. After months of playing with the guy and saying nothing in the chat, we struck up nice conversation. Even though I was up 25 BB on the table, I played up my losses and told him I was down for the day (which I was). We kind of verbally teamed up (in a playful way, not a berating rage) on this guy who was sucking out on both of us.

I always get along well with the fish in the live games. They actually don't mind losing as much to you when they like you. I think I may try the same approach online.

I really liked the cover of not being recognized better, but having them like you is turning into a pretty good second option online.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:06 PM

you sure he is not chasing YOU around?
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

just kidding