Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 AM

Default 55, and a flop i dont know what to do with.

Tonight was my first time at 1/2. I have a problem where if I don't know what to do, I throw money at it hoping it goes my way. Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Villain is slighly loose agressive preflop and passive after the flop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
Old 01-26-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: 55, and a flop i dont know what to do with.

I'd say the villan has a weak ace, but as good as AJ. I don't like the flop because if he has any piece of it, he beats you. I don't see a passive post flop player taking a stab at it like you might have thought he was. He put you on the hand you had. Throw it away on the flop, you're out of position too.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:57 AM

Betting this flop is much better than checkraising. Check folding is also much better than checkraising. Fold the flop. The problem is you are either ahead and he is super live to draw out on you or your drawing super thin to 2 outs.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-27-2005, 02:13 AM

Yeah, I tried to be overly aggressive with my game with a sub par hand that is most certainly beat. I need to be more aware of the players in the pot with me.

Thanks for the comment.