Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 06:06 AM

Default weird message from empire

When I logged on I got some sort of message stating that an e-mail from August 14, 2004 was unable to be delivered to my e-mail address. They tried to communicate with me but perhaps I need to validate my e-mail, blah blah blah.

Not sure what could have happened on August 14 that was so important that they decided to tell me about it now.

My e-mail address is still my current one and I just ignored the bit about the August e-mail that I never got....
but now when I try to request HH's to my e-mail (because I missed a couple HH's due to disconnect and want my p-tracker to be complete) they aren't making it to my in-box.

Weird.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: weird message from empire

[ QUOTE ]
When I logged on I got some sort of message stating that an e-mail from August 14, 2004 was unable to be delivered to my e-mail address. They tried to communicate with me but perhaps I need to validate my e-mail, blah blah blah.

Not sure what could have happened on August 14 that was so important that they decided to tell me about it now.

My e-mail address is still my current one and I just ignored the bit about the August e-mail that I never got....
but now when I try to request HH's to my e-mail (because I missed a couple HH's due to disconnect and want my p-tracker to be complete) they aren't making it to my in-box.

Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok.. I've had my Empire account for almost a year and a week ago they sent me an email to verify my identity. Mind you i've cashed out and deposited numerous times.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How would one go about getting in this promotion?

Post Extras:

MicroBob
veteran

Reged: 09/19/03
Loc: memphis Re: Dear Daryn and Bob [Re: TrickyTree]
#923592 - 08/14/04 06:16 PM Edit Reply Quote

umm....unless i missed it...i don't think he is already getting a rake-back deal.

as others said:
party = empire

the tables are the EXACT same and you are playing the EXACT same players.
the only difference is that party runs different multi-table tournaments than empire....and empire doesn't have the bad-beat jackpot tables.

but the other ring-games are the exact-same!!!

sign-up at empire under an affiliate
you already get a $100 sign-up bonus.

if you play 3 tables for 5 hours a week at 2/4 - 3/6 at 20% rake-back.....then 60 hds per table-hour X 15 = 900hds a week.

that's perhaps around $75/mth in rake-back (assuming roughly $0.02 per hand).....maybe a little bit less.

you can either get $500 one time with NO rake-back.
or you can get a $100 bonus....and around $75 each mth with rake-back.
realistically, i think this might be a little high...so lets say $50/mth at 3-tables X 5 hours a week at 2/4 - 3/6.

if you are at 4-tables X 10 hours a week at 3/6 then that should push you past $100/mth fairly easily.

either way, you will make up the $400 difference in just a few months (remember, you already get a $100 sign-up bonus anyway....compared with $500).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-25-2005, 09:58 AM

Party just did the exact same thing to me. Something is messed up.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:04 AM

me too...
Old 01-25-2005, 11:37 AM

Same thing is happening to me on Party Poker. I'm thinking of re-validating my email and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:23 PM

Hey Bob, this happened to me a while ago on Party. I don't know what happened, but my Yahoo account just stopped accepting Party emails. I had to change my email address and revalidate my email address. I got the pop up that said they hadn't been able to contact me with an email a couple months ago.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Same thing is happening to me on Party Poker. I'm thinking of re-validating my email and see if that fixes the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've tried to revalidate and cannot. I am receiving no email from Party. Everything was fine last night.

Mail is also not coming from my MultiPoker account (a Party skin) but mail from Paradise Poker (unrelated site) is working.

It's not in my junk mail box and I don't have my ISP do any personal spam filtering. Which leaves two possibilities:

1. Party has an email problem.

2. My ISP has decided not to accept mail from Party anymore. Anyone else with this problem use Comcast?
Old 01-25-2005, 03:31 PM

Yea, I was getting email from empire, but not party. I didn't have any filters on either.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:36 PM

same thing here with Party. Revalidated but it did not go through. However yesterday Party Support sent a reply to an inquiry I made, so I do not know what the problem is.