Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 09:18 PM

Default AJ vs a pre-flop raiser and a loose button

CO here is okay but very liberal when it comes to raising pre-flop with position. Button is weak-passive.

I felt unsure of myself at several points throughout this hand.

Also, in case it's unclear, the button was all in on the river.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 01-26-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: AJ vs a pre-flop raiser and a loose button

I'm guessing that you lost to an overpair, set or two pair, but you didn't play it too badly. The only thing I would do differently is three-bet preflop. The cutoff's raise certainly could be a steal raise. If the raise had come from earlier position or a player with tight raising standards, I would fold. With AJ off, you want to get the big blind out of there. A three-bet might even get the button out.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:27 AM

If the button folded I think you can make an easy 3-bet preflop , but with the button CC the raise this looks like an easy fold preflop.

Play seems reasonable post flop.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:27 AM

The button is not folding!