Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 09:06 AM

Default KK in the pocket, flop comes Axx What do you do

Hapened a few times now

example, partypoker, level 2

Hero is under the gun with KK, does a big raise up to 200

mid postion player calls.

flop Ace x x

How do you play from here???
Old 01-21-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: KK in the pocket, flop comes Axx What do you do

I bet into it. If i am re raised i will fold.

David
Old 01-21-2005, 09:35 AM

however what i would like to know, what do you do on the turn having been callled on the flop?

TO use hellmouths animals, for an elephant i would check, as for against a jackal i may push.

David
Old 01-21-2005, 04:44 PM

That is a pretty big raise PF, what are level two blinds? 15/30? If you raise to 120, you fire at it on the flop without committing too much.

One problem with raising so much PF is that it takes away PF flop play.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:55 PM

First, I start yelling and screaming at my monitor. Once I'm done with that I try to decide if I want to bet at it, hoping he doesn't have an Ace, or check to him. In cash games I prefer the betting out, but in SNG I've learned that most players are so tight and fear c/r so much that they won't actually bet at it without the A. So I probably check. If someone called your raise with QQ/TT/JJ, they may take a stab at the pot with your check, but it is almost always something lame like T50. If someone bets T50 at me here, I either raise, or call and bet out the turn.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
however what i would like to know, what do you do on the turn having been callled on the flop?

TO use hellmouths animals, for an elephant i would check, as for against a jackal i may push.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you ever push? That is like the epitomy of a bet that cannot win you money.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:22 PM

1) why did you bet SOOOOOO much preflop w/KK?

2) usually, i would bet 3xBB. if an Ace flops, i bet .75pot. if he raises, i fold. if he calls, i check/fold on turn.

but since you bet so big preflop, you're going to be hurting if he calls or raises.

thats why you shouldnt bet so big preflop at the early lvls. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and you should NEVER bet that big preflop w/KK if you're the 1st into the pot.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and you should NEVER bet that big preflop w/KK if you're the 1st into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree, if you can get someone to call with an Ax, worst case scenario is that three aces are left in the deck. There's still less than a 20% chance of an ace hitting the flop. You may lose bigger pots but youll definitely win more in the long run. Plus if only raise big with AA you're giving away a bit of a tell though it may not matter when how quickly SNGs go.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:53 PM

Why would you ever push? That is like the epitomy of a bet that cannot win you money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not in the really low limits, but in higher occassionally you have people who look for weakness in your betting, and if you check, they will put u all in with anything. it can win you money, because if you raise pre flop and flop there is money in the pot. By going all in it protects your hand from hands such as AQ QQ-99 + any draws. I have won a lot of pots betting into it, but then again, you may also lose a couple. it all depends on your reads.

ANy other views? this is referring to say limits of at least 50 but mainly higher.

David
Old 01-22-2005, 12:05 AM

The same situation came up for me the other day. I had KK and this usually solid player called a big raise and the flop was AQ10 and i checked in fear of the ace, which obviously was a mistake as he bet big into me. I mucked my cards and he showed his cards, which was something like 10d2c