Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2005, 01:45 AM

Default So I\'m up 80 BB/100 at Party 2/4 since I started reading SSH

Coincidence? I think not.

Incredible cards. I think so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just kidding around, have only played maybe 60 hands spread out over 2 sittings, single tabling, in this little run. I told myself I wasn't gonna start playing limit until I finished this damn book but I had a few bucks in my acct so I couldn't resist.

ANYHOW, this post isn't a total stupid brag/waste of time. I have a question!

For those of you who knew about poker, maybe were slightly profitable playing limit before (like myself, but prefered NL ring games and SNG's).
Anyhow, people like us...once you read a book or two and felt like you could play solid low limit hold'em (1-2, 2-4, 3-6). You were winning consistantly and felt like you very rarely dumped money down the drain, and played solid poker. How long did it take you before you felt like you could 4 table at similar win rates? 6 table? 8 table?

Anyhow, I 4 tabled no limit to clear the most recent party bonus and did ok, about average win rates, but with NL there are more things to consider and you have to choose your bet, etc, than just limit.

Basically what I'm asking is, since I told myself not to play limit until I felt like I knew what I was doing, how big of a difference in your own play and win rate did you see when you started off playing 1 or 2 tables and when you jumped to however many tables you maxxed out at?

Thanks and sorry for the rambly ass post, I'll try and get my [censored] together for my next one. But hey...y'all call this place the Zoo right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys,
-Sam
Old 01-29-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: So I\'m up 80 BB/100 at Party 2/4 since I started reading SSH

I actually moved up tables rather quickly even before reading any books. I got bored with only a table or two and so I kinda just jumped right into 4 tables after like a month of play. I was a break even player and most bonus whore for a couple months and I was fine with that as I was just messing around with it and picking up things from a friend who played.

Then I read SSHE and my life changed. I don't have a huge sample size as of yet but I'm doing really well right now since the read. Anyhow I'm digressing a bit. So I guess I'm not in the same boat as your since I just went right into multi tabling, but honestly I don't find much difference b/w 1 and 4 tables after only a short time. Especially after reading SSHE and have PT with PV. With all that you can just play your position and get enough of a quick read from PV to start that you should be fine. Once you get used to it you can get a little more feel for the players above what PV tells you. But even then so much more depends on your cards and position for the majority of plays that moving up the tables isn't too bad.

I'm not sure if I exactly answered your question as I kinda rambled a bit myself. But I guess my point is that I didn't find moving up to 4 tables that hard at all. I've done up to 6 on the cryptos but they are mad slow anyhow so that was really easy. I'd do more on party once I get the second monitor set up, but i don't forsee it being that big of a jump. My biggest concern is more about table selection than my ability to play them (hopefully i'm not getting too cocky too quick). So I would say try it out a couple times, maybe drop down a level or too if that makes you more comfortable and see how it feels. Some say move up a table at a time or so, but honestly I just delved right in and made myself learn quick. A lot probably just depends on how you are able to adapt.

GL with your game!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:12 AM

I read HPFAP first, then SSHE. I'm not sure why, but I had to go back and reread a bunch of times. Really helped out though.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:58 AM

I'm up 30 bb since reading the morning paper.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:51 AM

I'm up 43 BBs at 2-4 on my first hand yesterday when I won a 52 BB capped every street 4-way action pot. SSHE was useless because I was raising all along anyway with the nuts.

Can I maintain this 4300 BBs per 100 hands any longer?.