Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Whats the longest youve waited for a party withdrawl?

On the recent bonus I did quite well and cashed out with a 700 dollar profit
I owe my brother about 800 dollar and just transfered him 1000 toi his party account so he can withdraw it redposit and get the bonus without paying netellers instacash fees

My money hit my neteller account in an hour but 2 days later he has not received his

Do they usually take longer if you are withdrawing froma transfer without playing?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Whats the longest youve waited for a party withdrawl?

If it's his first it's going to take a while. After the first one it speeds up.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:20 AM

Thats what I figured I just dont remember ever waiting this long
Who knows maybe they're pissed that he didnt play at all
I told him to playa few hands first
Old 01-24-2005, 03:32 AM

They don't get pissed because you didn't play any hands. That is totally irrelevent.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't get pissed because you didn't play any hands. That is totally irrelevent.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is totally false. I had the same exact thing happen to me. $1K incoming player-to-player transfer to my account and then I tried to withdraw. After a day, I called them to ask why my withdrawal still hadn't been processed. I was forced to talk to their security department, where they explained to me that it was because of the $1K transfer. They told me that they'd let me cashout that one time, but that this sort of stuff is in general not allowed. My guess is that this is what happened to your friend.

Moral of the story: always play some hands (100 just to be on the safe side) after someone transfers a decent amount of cash to you.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:08 AM

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:58 AM

Yeah, Party are especially rude about this. We have our money sitting in their bank accounts earning them interest and for some reason they think they have the right to tell us we're not allowed to transfer it to a friend without them playing with it.

It's one thing if you're doing a load of one way transfers for tens of thousands of dollars and there might be the question of money laundering, it's another when you want to pay a few hundred dollars to a friend, especially for non-US players who end up getting screwed on the exchange rate as well if it has to be withdrawn or passed through Neteller. It doesn't cost them a cent to pass money internally so why the hell do they care?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Party are especially rude about this. We have our money sitting in their bank accounts earning them interest and for some reason they think they have the right to tell us we're not allowed to transfer it to a friend without them playing with it.

It's one thing if you're doing a load of one way transfers for tens of thousands of dollars and there might be the question of money laundering, it's another when you want to pay a few hundred dollars to a friend, especially for non-US players who end up getting screwed on the exchange rate as well if it has to be withdrawn or passed through Neteller. It doesn't cost them a cent to pass money internally so why the hell do they care?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't cost them money to transfer internally, but it does cost them money to transfer externally. If you are using them just to transfer large sums of money to other people who then just cashout to Neteller, they get stuck with the Neteller fees.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:35 AM

Quite true but if you want to use that money to pay a friend then you will just cash it out yourself - Party doesn't save anything, it just causes more hassle to the player and if they ARE using Neteller then Party still pays the charge but the player has to pay as well for the inter-account transfer.

I don't think Party care about the negligable fee to be honest, anyone transferring several hundred dollars is no doubt worth a lot to them in rake, I think they do it to try and discourage people from taking money out of the system.

Back to getting destroyed at the Stud Hi/Lo tables for me now. I don't know why I don't stick to hold'em.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:47 AM

I guess they just dont want people using them as a money transfer service
I am pretty sure neteller charges fees to party on a percentage basis so if i withdraw 2000 to my account they would pay they same fees as they would if 1000 went to me and the rest to my brother