Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Party 30/60: AA in the BB

Party 30/60. I'm in the big blind with AA. Villain (CO) is fairly TAG, seems to regularly open-raise in late position. I had taken a pretty bad river beat two hands before; not sure if villain thinks I'm on tilt.

Villain open-raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, villain calls.

Flop: 5h9d2c

I bet, villain raises, I call.

Turn: Td

I bet, villain raises, I 3-bet, villain calls.

River: Qh

I bet, villain raises, I call.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Party 30/60: AA in the BB

I don't get it, is there some issue here? What is it you would like a response to? Try to be selective in posting hands. I'm sure we all have thought a hand was interesting and post worthy when in fact it is only interesting to those involved in the hand. Maybe there is something in this story that is interesting or thought-provoking, but your recounting of the events leaves it out.

with respect,
CSC

CSC
Old 01-17-2005, 03:47 AM

Sorry for any confusion -- I was wondering if I should have slowed down or been more aggressive at any point here. I felt good about my hand on the turn, but his river raise made me sick.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:53 AM

I think you did fine here. While the river raise sucks, [censored] happens. make the crying call move on.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:09 AM

I like your line. I agree that the river raise sucks but you have to call.

I also think that a great benefit to twoplustwo is that you are able to post hands that you are unsure about and get some commentary even if they are relatively standard hands. I thought the first reply to you was way off base.

Maybe I am wrong here but I welcome someone posting a hand that might seem standard here. And I look forward to seeing if anyone disagrees with the 'standard' play that I would also make and why? I feel that there is value in discussing even more 'obvious' hands here and I definitely see why OPs hand questions about his hand (I however, would have played it the same way.)

Not to hijack the thread and not to judge the OP here but I was just wondering if the majority of you either mind hands 'like this' being posted as the first reply complained about or if you find posts like this valuable in their own right as well (albeit maybe they are not as fun as going 8 bets on the flop with JJ and folding to a turn raise)

-Steve
Old 01-17-2005, 04:16 AM

Forgive me, I meant no offense. I saw no issue here. To me, it seemed like a standard hand played exactly as it should be played. However, I think my post was a poor response, and I think the last poster is correct, "standard" hands should be posted here - in fact, I think I have posted a couple myself. Forgive me, I take back my first post.

CSC
Old 01-17-2005, 05:48 AM

Ya know, to be honest, I'd be pretty happy if I posted a hand I was unsure of and got a bunch of "that's standard, don't waste our time" responses [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]