Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 06:34 AM

Default 5/10 PL Live Game - Extremely tough turn decision...

Hi everyone,

A while back I played in a live 5/10 PL game. It was an extremely deep stack game as I was the shortest stack of them all with 5k chips and everyone else pretty much had 10k to 20k in front of them.

The nature of the game was extremely loose aggressive pre-flop, but more toned down post flop. I originally started with only 1500 buy-in and got lucky as I limped with AA after 1 limper, with about 5 others tagging along to the Button who was a very LAG player who put in a pot-raise and naturally when it came back to me I re-potted it. AA vs. KK vs. 22 was the action and I tripled up.

Now here is the hand of the night..

In games like these nut peddling is pretty much the way to go. There were a few very good players, a couple of loose gamblers and 1 maniac, and 1 lag.

A couple of limpers to me and I look down and see 66, suits unimportant and call the $10. Mr. Maniac to my immediate left who is now stuck for over $20k (he was the one who went all in vs my AA and button's KK with 22), makes it for about $50 (can't remember exactly) and has about 3k remaining. 5 callers back to me and I call for another $50.

The flop is J-J-6. Check to UTG who bets $100 into this $300 pot. I then pot it for about $400.

The maniac to my left instantly calls for $400. Everyone folds including UTG.

Turns come another Jack.

What's my move here?

Lawrence
Old 01-15-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: 5/10 PL Live Game - Extremely tough turn decision...

I'd check and fold. In fact I don't even think it's a decision. If he doesn't have the jack, he's going to be just as afraid as you are. If he's a bluffer, then so be it. There are just too many likely ways he can beat you. Even if you're ahead, any card higher than 6 is a scare card on the river. Hopefully he'll check it down. But if not, you've got to let him have the pot. Your hand is just not strong enough to go furthur. I wouldn't go crazy if he checked the turn and I hit a 6 on the river either.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:50 AM

Check/fold, if he has a weak hand that you can beat good chance he checks behind. Good chance you are beaten though not a good spot to play a big pot IMO.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:57 AM

checkfold. him calling 400 on the flop has to be a PP here close to 100% of the time.