Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Are these hands too weak-tight?

<font color="green">#1--First hand at table; no reads on any of the participants. </font>

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

<font color="green"> With so many cards that will likely kill my hand, and three in already, I figure I'm probably dead.</font>

<font color="green"> #2--UTG has literally played all 30ish hands I've been at the table; UTG+1 hasn't raised at all in the 25 hands since he's been there.</font>

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="green"> Six outs, none of them a sure thing. Easy fold even with a decent pot, yes? </font>
Old 01-12-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Are these hands too weak-tight?

Looks fine. Hand 1 I'd be more inclined to play postflop if the board weren't so draw heavy or there were fewer callers.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:53 PM

I like both folds. There's an example hand in SSH that's pretty similar to Hand 1, and Ed says fold.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:58 PM

I like both folds. Heck, you could almost open-fold the second hand with that read.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:58 PM

I don't mind either of those folds.
A case could be made for calling in hand one but if it's a profitable call it is very thin.

In hand two, even those the pot is decent, you're going to have to put in 2BB at a minimum to see the showdown and all of your outs are tainted.
-t