Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 01:32 PM

Default I hate tough decisions

Party 6max100 NL. I have ~170. I've been bossing the table around. (Raising a LOT... Normally I'm 13% PFR, I was probably 25%, mostly cause good run of cards) 5 handed. Everyone folds to SB who limps. He has 75 after his limp.

AQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I love spades. I make it 10 total. He instantly moves in. Anyone call here?

*Just want to edit the fact that although I had gotten good cards, I wasn't showing down much; I was betting PF then flop and they were folding.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: I hate tough decisions

I fold unless he has previous.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:41 PM

Fold. Your praying for a coin flip, but you are probably way behind. The limp/reraise usually indicates a monster.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:42 PM

Call? The worst hand he could have is something like 88. How can you call with AQ? I'd fold AKs in a heartbeat.

Plus as you said you had a LAGgy table image, that makes it an even easier fold. Who would move in against a LAG who just raised with AJ?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. Your praying for a coin flip, but you are probably way behind. The limp/reraise usually indicates a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limp / reraise out of the SB when I've shown a willingness to bet 25% of hands? Even more when I'm the BB?

I actually eliminated AA KK and QQ from his hand range.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:22 PM

based on your image and if it's for around half your stack, I probably call - it will also make people less likely to make moves on you and you'll have a nice psychological edge by making them very, very afraid. Expect to see a medium pocket most of the time, AK once in a while, and worse aces or KQs type hands sometimes as well.

If it's for 150BB or more, you can probably dump it and wait for better spots - I'd still consider it, though. This is not clear-cut as some posters make it out to be. Using your image is key to big bet games, and this one screams call.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:23 PM

Also, if you hate tough decisions, don't raise preflop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call? The worst hand he could have is something like 88. How can you call with AQ? I'd fold AKs in a heartbeat.

Plus as you said you had a LAGgy table image, that makes it an even easier fold. Who would move in against a LAG who just raised with AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow -- that is super-tight. I would never fold AK here. I would say that there is a 50 to 60% probability that SB has a pocket pair, but highly unlikely that it is above JJ. With AA/KK/QQ he tries to trap hero after the flop. If villian thinks he is being bullied -- particularly at a short-handed table -- he can also push with AK/AQ/AJ/KQ or less.

With AK here, you are either ahead or on a coin flip. Call in an instant. I call with AQs a little more reluctantly but still +EV.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:35 PM

Limp / reraise out of the SB when I've shown a willingness to bet 25% of hands? Even more when I'm the BB?

I actually eliminated AA KK and QQ from his hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you do that? I mean, if you really feel these are out of the question, by all means call and pray he doesnt have AK. But ESPECIALLY in small blind I am prone to limp/reraise these hands against someone playing like you describe yourself as playing.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:54 PM

If you think you are being bullied you push with AJ/KQ against the raiser? You push with the intention to punish him, right? With AJ? KQ??