Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 04:53 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default I\'m a bad person

It's been a while since I've laid a good bad beat on someone. I mean well let me sum up....

B&M 20/40

I have a black pair of sevens.

Folds around to a decent player in the Hijack Seat. He raises, the CO folds and I 3 bet on the button. The SB folds and now a very weak Button caps. The man in the Hijack actually thinks for a second and then folds. I think about pulling the Tommiesque move of folding for 1 more SB preflop, but decide I just don't have the inner peace that he has. I ask the dealer if there is a cap heads up, he tells me yes there is. The BB says, "Your hand is that good?", I call the cap.

Flop(10.5 sb) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The BB checks apparently giving me rope after my preflop inquirey. I swiftly check behind.

Turn(5.25 BB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The BB bets out, and I looked at the board and decided that there is no way I can just call with an OESFD. I say "It would just be a crime not to." and I raise. The BB clams up and asks "Did you outflop me?(genuine)" and he just calls.

I plan to check behind unimproved.

River(9.25) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, as he calls he turns his aces up on the table. I turn over my hand and I had misread it. The cards weren't both black the hand was 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The darn GEMCO decks have such a deep red I saw the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I was a little miffed at myself, I played bad either way, but I was a little flustered.

Then I hear in my left ear "FFFF*****@@@@KKKK", a pack of cigaretts go flying and this player gets up. He's shaking, walks around a bit, then sits back down in his chair pulls his hat tight and says, "nice hand." You know the "nice hand" ala "You #*$*&$ #*$&#($ $#*$&# mother #*$&#($, #&$(*#&$ nice #$*#)*$ #*$#)$, hand you river ratting #($)#$ bastard." style nice hands. I was honored.

One of the action players at the table looks over at me and asks, "Are you proud of yourself?". Well I wasn't a first but at that moment, yes I was. Pulling of a beat like that has a priceless reaction quality that just can't be explained, it can only be felt. That's the first time in a long time that I've actually felt like doing the happy dance at the table, even winning a jackpot didn't do anything for me. Frankly the feeling could be quite addictive, and I understand why certain players play the way they do.

Oh well back to missionary position poker for me.

-slavic
Old 01-14-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: I\'m a bad person

No, no...putting a beat like that, and especially getting that reaction, can put the entire table on tilt, especially if you boast, brag, or otherwise talk &%*! about it.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:25 AM

Beautiful.
[ QUOTE ]
[snip]The BB bets out, and I looked at the board and decided that there is no way I can just call with an OESFD. I say "It would just be a crime not to." and I raise. The BB clams up and asks "Did you outflop me?(genuine)" and he just calls. [/snip]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-14-2005, 06:59 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

No way are you folding on the turn even if you realized you didn't have the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Of course, you may not have raised...

[ QUOTE ]
The darn GEMCO decks have such a deep red

[/ QUOTE ]

Those cards do suck. They say they're getting new ones very soon. I can't wait.

[ QUOTE ]
One of the action players at the table looks over at me and asks, "Are you proud of yourself?".

[/ QUOTE ]

I woulda been smiling with glee. What a stupid question.

Great post.

b