Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 06:57 AM

Default How often do you fold face up?

I fold face up as a psychological advantage. Oftentimes in later stages of a tourney, if I'm pushing and stealing blinds, I'll make sure that I do it with a weak hand so that I can fold face up. Then when the time comes that I have a monster, I can push and usually get a good amount of callers. One has to remember, of course, that this doesn't work at loose tables very well, only at tight ones...of course, sometimes you run into AA and get called and screwed, but that's bound to happen anytime you attempt to steal blinds.

I'll do the same with strong pocket pairs as well, or sometimes just to mess with them I'll hang in until the turn with 72o and show it when I fold, provided I could afford that hand.

How do you incorporate folding face up into your strategy?
Old 01-10-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Re: How often do you fold face up?

I usually use it to show how strong my hand was but how I knew I was outdrawn. A few times in tournys at Turning Stone that are so loose after I buy a pot off someone who missed their AK I show over K10 or some hand they had dominated just to make them more likely to call an all in next time vs me when they have a missed AK. Set people up really well when I flopped a set a few orbits later knowing they had AK and would put me on bluff.