Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Party $30/$60, Hand #2 - TT

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

I would later discover that the button in this hand was playing trash very aggressively preflop, i.e. raising from MP with 54o, 76o... In one of those hands he trapped me, I played back at him aggresively with KK and he had flopped a straight but waited until the river to drop the hammer on me. He was also calling raises with subpar hands.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

I planned to raise the turn if a safe card came off, and probably fold to a three-bet.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (7.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Party $30/$60, Hand #2 - TT

I'm a little confused about the action. It lists "4 players" as being in on the flop and turn, but only you, BB and the button are mentioned. Were there really only 3 players, and only 2 on the river? I assume in is the poster in the CO who is causing the confusion. Did he fold preflop?
Old 01-10-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Party $30/$60, Hand #2 - TT

You are right. Too late to edit the post, sorry for the confusion, here is how went.

CO posted a late position blind, and folded to my raise preflop.

Flop was 3 way: BB lead, call, call.

Turn was 3 way: check, I bet, button calls, BB drops out.

River was heads up: I check/call the button's bet.