Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 11:52 PM

Default what do u think, is it me or them

No Limit .25-.50 Cashiz is hero

One of them's got to have the flush right, don't know these guys so i had to play by the book. I think i define my hand enough with the re-raise. What do u think.

lc120: -- --
edgmatt: -- --
mkeboy: -- --
CASHIZ: Jd Qc
dotandcross: -- --
soapstar: -- --
dark poet: -- --
hollowpoint22: -- --

Pre-flop:

soapstar folds. dark poet folds. hollowpoint22
calls. lc120 calls. edgmatt folds. mkeboy calls.
CASHIZ calls. dotandcross checks.

Flop (board: Td Ad Kc):

CASHIZ checks. dotandcross checks. hollowpoint22
bets $1. lc120 calls. mkeboy calls. CASHIZ raises
to $2.75. dotandcross folds. hollowpoint22 calls.
lc120 folds. mkeboy calls.

Turn (board: Td Ad Kc Kd):

CASHIZ checks. hollowpoint22 bets $2.50. mkeboy
calls. CASHIZ folds.

River (board: Td Ad Kc Kd 5d):

hollowpoint22 checks. mkeboy checks.

Showdown:

hollowpoint22 shows 6s As.
hollowpoint22 has As Td Ad Kc Kd: two pair, aces and kings.
mkeboy shows Ah Th.
mkeboy has Ah Th Ad Kc Kd: two pair, aces and kings.

Hand #3883084-442 Summary:

$.80 is raked from a pot of $16.75.
hollowpoint22 wins $8.05 of a $15.95 pot with two pair, aces and kings.
mkeboy wins $7.90 of a $15.95 pot with two pair, aces and kings.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: what do u think, is it me or them

You showed weakness on the turn. A flop check-raise is a strong play, and should be followed by a turn value bet. It's rare to see a player check-raise on both the flop and turn. You are likely ahead in this situation and can safely fold to a raise.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:46 AM

To be honest, I can't believe you laid this down. You had the top straight in an unraised pot, hold a GSRFD on the turn, check/raise the flop and check/fold the turn for less than a 1/4th pot bet. I am very confused here. Can you follow up with some rationale on each street for me? You are getting 7-1 on a made hand on the turn if you call. Why lay it down?

- ToT
Old 01-07-2005, 02:54 AM

On the flop i know the betters got a piece, but not quite sure what, now when the second player (which i know that he knows that the betters got a piece) calls and then again calls my raise i know he has to have at least two pair
(because a 10, A, and K are out, and are all cards which people call with, ex.. A10, K10, and I know he doesn't have a set because he would have raised in late position with anyone of these paired pre-flop)
or a good draw
(something like 8-7 suited or similir).

Anyways when the king hits the turn I'm thinking that with a flush, full house and straight all out (and all of which are extremly possible in an unraised pot with two people calling a raise and re-raise on the flop) that unless someone has at least a flush they can't even consider a bet.

Now when I check, and the original better bets, which i'm fine with as you said I induced it by showing weakness, but when the other player calls what am I to think (they must see what I see). As well the bet looks like he wants us both to call, which inclines me to believe that the k helped some how.

I may have the nut straight on the flop, but my hand quickly went to the forth best hand on the turn.

Also just look at his bet on the turn, I mean what is he thinking, I defined my hand as being strong on the flop so he must think I have at least a better ace than his. But even say he doesn't think that and he considers me weak with the check on the turn, he's got a player behind that just called a raise and re-raise, how does he bet an A 6.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:11 AM

Just had to say again that on the turn my check was made because I just can't understand and didn't expect a bet in this situation without a hand. It doesn't make sense, and as you can see with the hands that they have it was wrong. I didn't bet myself because I believed that I'd only get called if I was beat. And I'm right because had I bet 4or5 bucks they would have folded, giving the bet 0 ev.

One more thing is that I didn't call because I believed I had to be beat here. Even getting 7-1, if one of them has a flush I'm getting just 7-1. And if one of them has a full house I'm drawing dead.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:12 AM

Your rationale makes sense, but a check/fold is still not entirely right as it induces an automatic bet: the last player was right to bet a scary board with a bad hand after everyone else has shown weakness, the first player made a heinous call. I'd bet 1/2-2/3 of the pot on the turn and fold to a raise. I think you gave up a little too quickly.

Kirk R.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:43 AM

I think you should have bet more on the flop and not have even bothered with the check-raise. Make the potential flush-drawers pay for their flush. Hitting the nut straight to me would be an indication that it's all-in time, but I play by the philosophy of protecting my hand; of course, I don't know how soft the table is and whether or not someone would be apt to call on a flush draw.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 PM

Your right thats what I sould have done, but I think my biggest problem in this hand was the info I had on the players before the hand even started, which was none. So I had to base my decisions on what they should do instead of what they will do. I mean there's at least three calls here that are all poker sins.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:14 PM

Yes I agree with some of what the others have said.

What about open push on the flop? make it look like a flush draw semibluff?