Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Interview with Barry Greenstein

Barry discusses Charity, his new book, and why he seriously considered giving up poker.

www.PokerLizard.com
Old 01-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Interview with Barry Greenstein

Barry: I only played online while I was writing the short internet chapter in my book. I can’t use all of my skills when I can’t see faces and body language, but I still won more than $20,000 during the week I played.

Heh.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:32 PM

He must have been playing the 100/200 game at stars. Does anybody know when his book is coming out? I'm really, really interested in reading this.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:58 PM

Good interview. Very open and honest about his stregnths and weaknesses, both poker and personally. I'm kinda looking forward to the psychology section.
Russ
Old 01-02-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry: I only played online while I was writing the short internet chapter in my book. I can’t use all of my skills when I can’t see faces and body language, but I still won more than $20,000 during the week I played.

Heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

As anyone who reads 2+2 knows, that is far too small a sample size to tell if he's actually any good at online poker.

PS Yes, this is a joke.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As anyone who reads 2+2 knows, that is far too small a sample size to tell if he's actually any good at online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious!
Old 01-03-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is kind of weird. If he never played Internet poker before, why on Earth would he include a chapter on it? What could he add that's specific to playing on the Internet, given his lack of experience there. (Note: I'm not saying he's not a great Internet player. Just why an Internet-specific chapter?) Comments Barry if you see this?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is kind of weird. If he never played Internet poker before, why on Earth would he include a chapter on it? What could he add that's specific to playing on the Internet, given his lack of experience there. (Note: I'm not saying he's not a great Internet player. Just why an Internet-specific chapter?) Comments Barry if you see this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. After I wrote the chapter, I had Phil Ivey read it. At that time, he had made more than $100,000 a month for several months on the internet. He wrote me a surprisingly lucid e-mail with some great changes and additions. (He hasn't been to college, but his writing was a lot better than most of the students I had when I taught at the University of Illinois. I realized he's smarter than I thought he was.)
Old 01-04-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He hasn't been to college, but his writing was a lot better than most of the students I had when I taught at the University of Illinois. I realized he's smarter than I thought he was.

[/ QUOTE ] You should tell David about this. Maybe he'll be added to his list.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:14 AM

I had Phil Ivey read it. At that time, he had made more than $100,000 a month for several months on the internet.

I have played for several months on the internet, I would be happy to take one more look at it for you Barry.