Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 12:12 AM

Default KQs- Enough of ths stop\'n\'go B.S.

No reads. I was drinking. I don't read or drive while drinking.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 12-31-2004, 12:22 AM

Default Re: KQs- Enough of ths stop\'n\'go B.S.

Why not just raise the flop?
Old 12-31-2004, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you suggest raising to protect my hand or build a bigger pot?
Old 12-31-2004, 12:26 AM

Raise for value with the best hand?
Old 12-31-2004, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you suggest raising to protect my hand or build a bigger pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about both? You can protect your hand against stuff like gutshots and get more money into the pot against stuff like second pair.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:30 AM

ok I like. I did kinda play this hand strangely.

Now what about the turn raise against an unknown stop'n'go?

Edit: Some food for thought..I don't think a raise on the flop protects my hand any. The gutshots and mid pairs have more than effecient odds to see the turn..they are already committed for one bet.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:31 AM

Preflop: standard

Flop: I don't mind the call here, waiting for a safe turn card to raise, raising is only going to potentially knock out the SB and aside from a flushdraw which will never fold the flop is pretty drawfree so while an option for value is not a must do.

Turn: This street I find troublesome, I don't see the A as a safe card at all, if BB bets again I would raise here too, but it wasn't BB, it was MP2 who suddenly comes alive which in my experience is a ragged ace more times then not.

Now, even if we know he has an ace, raising still isn't bad if we have lots of outs to catch up so we can either go for a free showdown or bet if we hit, however, you just don't have 5 clean outs here, the only cards that are going to make you happy are the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I guess you can bet the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] too if you can fold to a raise but I would count this as 2.5-3 outs at the most and hence just call and unless I have a good read I fold the river unimproved