Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Two good shows somewhat political

Tim Russett interviewed George Carlin about his new book When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops on CNBC. A one-hour program that was very enjoyable. I don't know if it will be rerun or not.

On Book TV CPAN-2 a one-hour presentation by Joseph Ellis about his book His Excellency [about George Washington] was on today. Also very enjoyable and enlightening. More than likely this program will be rerun again, though I don’t know when. Mr. Ellis is an excellent scholar and gave an insightful presentation with interesting viewpoints and piognant stories. I have his book on Jefferson [American Sphinx] which I am finally getting around to read. After which, I plan to debate Andy on his, apparent, exuberant distaste for this old Virginia Slave Owner. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Anyway, two great interesting shows with much political and other content that are well worth watching.

-Zeno
Old 01-02-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Two good shows somewhat political

Just saw the Carlin interview. I've always thought he was terrific. As he's gotten older, he's gotten a bit too sentimental, which, of course, is a natural thing. And it does strain credulity, a bit, when he talks about the soullessness of the sound of the cash register when Russert plugged his book a hundred times. But he's a very funny and insightful man.

As for TJ, the exuberance of my distate has subsided somewhat since I first posted about him here several years ago. I guess it was the shock of him hitting .220 all too often. It was kind of like if Ted Williams hit .220: when a guy hits .406 and .388 and .369 and such, you're just shocked if he hits .220. I'm now quite sure that TJ did hit .406 and such. But all too often he hit .220. I guess I wouldn't be so disappointed if he was, say, Craig Counsell. Does that make sense?

Jefferson, Carlin and Zeno in one post. Good stuff.

Regards (and Happy New Year),
Andy
Old 01-02-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Two good shows somewhat political

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I wouldn't be so disappointed if he was, say, Craig Counsell. Does that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes indeed. And good points.

Happy (belated) New Year to you also.

Regards as always,

-Zeno

PS Carlin's captialistic book binge and the hyper plugging by Tim is to be expected, one, afterall, must eat. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]