Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 03:39 AM

Default sit n go problem

I'm not a big fan of sit n go's but I will sometimes play an $11.00 sit n go on Party Poker. I'm always aggressive in the beginning to try to make up a big stack and then just sit and wait for others to get knocked out. Sometimes I don't make it big in the beginning and I have an average stack the whole tournament. When the blinds get bigger and my stack dwindles, I tend to move all-in with any ace. Do you think I should try to catch a hand and raise my chances to double up? Or is moving all-in with any ace a good strategy? (I tend to move all-in with any ace when there are 4 people or less.)
Old 12-28-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: sit n go problem

I dont think your problem lies in your late game strategy as much as it does in your early game strategy. I fold a lot of hands early in SnG tournaments, unless Im getting monsters and/or I have a decent hand with good position. Sure having a stack of 1500-2000 makes it easier to just sit and hope you can fold into the money but if you consider the strategy of waiting and folding non-monsters until you get one and doubling up then you end up at the same 1500-2000 chip mark as before but with better tournament play and less chances to lose it all and be out of the tourney.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:42 PM

go to the forum of one table torunaments and read the sit and go FAQ, it will help you.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:19 PM

I couldnt find this, I was going to direct him to it but im search illiterate apparently
Old 12-28-2004, 06:21 PM

I've given up on SNG's completely. I now only play cash games. Variance is just too big for me or maybe I'm just not that good. It's a big waste of time if you ask me. Others may have other opinions and I'd like to hear them. I really know of no one who has built a big bankroll exclusively from SNG's. The thing with SNG's is that you have to be a very imaginitive player to be successful. You aren't always going to get good hands and you have to figure out ways to earn chips with average hands.