Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 06:27 PM

Default party skins...

What's the point of these? i don't really understand what the difference is between party poker and these skins. moreover, why does party let these guys do this, wouldn't it just be more profitable for them to have everybody going directly through party?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:44 PM

Default Re: party skins...

FAQ'd!!
Old 12-27-2004, 07:50 PM

I don't believe his questions are adequately covered in the FAQ.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of these? i don't really understand what the difference is between party poker and these skins. moreover, why does party let these guys do this, wouldn't it just be more profitable for them to have everybody going directly through party?

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, let me ask you a business question. You are the CEO of Party Poker. You'd like to increase your revenues, while minimizing your risk. What's your strategy for bringing new players to your cardroom?
Old 12-27-2004, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, let me ask you a business question. You are the CEO of Party Poker. You'd like to increase your revenues, while minimizing your risk. What's your strategy for bringing new players to your cardroom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Effectively outsource advertising and customer support for less than the revenues the new players will generate.

Freakin
Old 12-28-2004, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do General Motors and the other big car companies do the exact same thing? Many comsumer product/service industries use multiple brand names with separate dealer networks and marketing.

Multiple brands gives them multiple chances to attract Joe Poker through advertising and promotion.

When you compare Party with their major competitors it quickly becomes evident that marketing is the only thing they excel at and yet they are able to charge premium prices while having a huge market share. They must be doing something right and the skins are undoubtedly part of the recipe.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:00 AM

makes sense. one more smi-related question: do these skins offer the same reload bonuses as party? like when party had that decbonus, could you use it at the empire or pokernow as well?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
makes sense. one more smi-related question: do these skins offer the same reload bonuses as party? like when party had that decbonus, could you use it at the empire or pokernow as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but the other skins also occasionally have reloads just like Party. One code that works for most of the skins (all but Eurobet I think) is IGMPay. Do a search for it if you want more info.