Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Do you find party tighter during reload bonuses?

the game is still very beatable, but generally I find it tighter whenever there is a reload bonus happening at the 2-4 and 3-6 limits.

Anyone else feel the same?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Do you find party tighter during reload bonuses?

I have noticed Party 2-4 to be pretty tight lately as well, I was thinking part of it could be because of all the bonus whores multi-tabling. Whenever I have problems finding a good normal table I head to the BBJs, I have no trouble finding fish there.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:46 AM

Not for the most part but tonight was ridiculous.

With these $200/1400 hand bonuses of late I have to drop down and play $1/2 in order to clear them. At $2/4 I find that only about 60% of the hands are raked while at $1/2 it is normally closer to 80%. As a part-time player I often struggle to get in more than 3-4 sessions a week so 1400 hands is pushing it.

Anyway, I've always found that $1/2 was just as loose as $2/4 except for tonight. Talk about Rock City. I sat down at tables with $17, $15, and $16 averages and within 2-3 rounds they were down to $8 or $9. Had to switch tables like 7 times just to get in my last 200 or so hands.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy
Old 01-25-2005, 01:51 AM

i haven't noticed anything less fishier than normal at the 1/2 tables this week. I also don't think the majority of players on PP or any other poker site are very whore-conscious in general. If everyone was reloading at the same time I don't see how sites make money under the current rake/bonus structures that exist.

I think the combination of better players at 2/4 limits and up correlates with a higher percentage of bonus chasers...at least up until the really high limits where bonuses don't matter as much. I also think there are more solid 2/4 players at the regular tables when the BBJ is low. once it creeps back up into the mid 6-digits, things should loosen up again.

also note that I've been generally playing PP in the mornings instead of nights so I can earn double player points during the off-peak hours. so my control group may be different than others.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:12 AM

Even .5/1 had its share of rocks and super-rocks. Still there always at least one bad player at the table you could slowly squeeze $$ out of.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also note that I've been generally playing PP in the mornings instead of nights so I can earn double player points during the off-peak hours. so my control group may be different than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the only reason, this is a terrible idea, IMO. The softness of the night games compared to morning games is worth far far more than crappy merchandise.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:41 AM

I've got three 40+ VP$IP players at this one table of 2/4 that I've been draining all night. They both have now reloaded another $100 each and continue to piss it away. My other two tables aren't as great, but are still winners. I'm sure in a few months when the WPT comes back there will be plenty of action to be had.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is the only reason, this is a terrible idea, IMO. The softness of the night games compared to morning games is worth far far more than crappy merchandise.

[/ QUOTE ]
it's only been a week so far with this idea, so we'll see. I don't see a definitive change in my BB/100 to prove that it's not nighttime _somewhere_ in the world at all times.

besides, being up routinely at 9am instead of 3am may increase my EV at work and social life, even at a small poker sacrifice. that's my opinion.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:10 AM

No, 6-max NL tables are always soft. LAGgy, but soft.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:18 AM

I was working off my bonus over the last few days playing $25 NL and $1/$2 O8. The players seemed as bad as usual.