Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 07:39 PM

Default Why do I hate the downswing after peaking more than anything else?

Something really ticks me off that I still haven't managed to control and makes me go on tilt.

If I play a thousand or so hands and only win $30, so be it. If I lose $150, oh well. If I started out really bad and managed to climb back up to net or close to it I'm happy.

However, if I hit a huge rush of cards and peak around net $500+ for the day, but then fall back down to $100-$200 it tilts me uncontrollably. I can't stop thinking to myself if I had only stopped playing at my peak I would've still had the money.

Like today I was +$200'ish until 2 bad beats which dropped be down to +$0.76. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I can't play poker at all when this happens. Then I realise that it's all one big session, but that still doesn't help.

I'm going to go work out and blow off some of this steam.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Why do I hate the downswing after peaking more than anything else?

I know what you mean, but it has to happen to make you tough. Everybody tilts when they are learning and it's almost important to tilt every once in awhile so you can identify your tilt later on when it's more important. Winning alot of money can put you on just as bad of a tilt because you feel like nobody can stop you, all these things are important so you can learn to control them.