Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 01:10 AM

Default EV Tester... Anyone Use?

http;//www.evtester.com

I ran a search and saw no mention of this program on these forums.

It supposedly analyzes your starting hands by looking in your HH folder and telling you how lucky or unlucky you have been, regarding dealt hole cards only.

Apparently, I have been extremely unlucky, with the last 2/3 1,500+ hand sessions running at around 2%.

After 1,149 today I am at .60% (no [censored]) and am thinking of wrapping it up for the day lol.

Just wondering is anyone else has used it and what they thought of it.

Also wondering what "Z-offset" and "total BB EV" mean in the details. I got an A- in stats in college, but I'm still an idiot.

Thanks all.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:12 AM

Default Re: EV Tester... Anyone Use?

Ended day .74% after 1.200 hands... ugh
Old 12-21-2004, 09:35 AM

The last 2k hands I've played apparently I've been running unlucky, at 2.84%. In those hands, however, my bb/100 is 4.24. I must be the greatest player ever.

What it does is gives starting hands an ev value and then adds up those numbers to come up with a final total ev.

Looking at my pokertracker stats, it looks like that while I played slightly less hands than I normally do, those hands held up more than normal and I had a good session. My won$wsf, wtsd and won$atsd are all a tad higher than normal.

Really the only way this could be usefull was if you knew your own personal exact ev per hand. Then base the measure of luckiness not on the total ev for the hands you were dealt, but compared that number to the actual amount of money you made. The difference between those numbers would be how lucky/unlucky you were.

I also play 6max, and I am certain I can play a lot of the hands they list as negative ev for profit. So the program has even less meaning for me.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:27 PM

December 13th... 171 hands, 54.90%. Was up this day, deposited $50 and turned it into about $75.

December 14th... 370 hands, 3.58%. This makes sense as I burned through almost my entire bankroll of $75.

Mind you I was playing $.50/$1.00 Limit so my bankroll was not exactly big enough to handle these swings.