Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 08:04 AM

Default My losing streak surpasses Jay!

Between when I played 15 fulls this summer, and my second try the past few days, I'm up to -$13,000, or, 433BB downfall.

I'd estimate at least 50BB of that to bad play by me, maybe more.

Of course since I'm not a proven winner in this game it could just be that I'm a losing player in it. I'd say doubtful given that I'm familiar with LAG games and do very well in 10/20 6max.

In any case I'm another example of the large swings that can happen in this limit.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:42 AM

Default Re: My losing streak surpasses Jay!

Sorry to hear man, Keep your head up. I know your game is fine. I'm seriously considering taking a week off myself. Its been a rough couple months.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:55 AM

not what i wanted to hear before trying out the 15 for myself. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

good luck to you schneids, I hope things turn around for you.

fsuplayer
Old 12-04-2004, 11:19 AM

What's your full table style like? Is it possible that you're going in on overdrive from all the SH play that you're used to, thereby greatly increasing your variance for no gain in EV?

I've been playing SH for only a couple months now and I sometimes have a hard time shifting back to full table mode. The 15/30 is even trickier because while it retains many elements of full table play, the aggression level is much closer to 10/20 6-max than a lower limit full game. You have to change one shoe but not the other.

Also, how many hands is this over?
Old 12-04-2004, 12:45 PM

Sorry to hear it. FWIW, even with my losing streak in my results i'm now at a respectable bb/100h, just highlighting that you'll pull it back.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:46 PM

Is it possible that you're losing some of this on hands that are very strong in shorthanded play, but weak in full game play?

I'm talking about hands like ATo, KJo, 66, etc. If you're playing these hands with the same aggression that is appropriate in short-handed play, it will cost you a lot of money in the full 15/30 games.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:07 PM

As schneids and I love giving each other hard times, it is a serious challange for me to come to this thread and not take shots at him...

I've been around the past few days when shneids has been playing his sessions and I've looked at his PT data and it just looks like he's getting drawn out on a TON and making a lot of second bests.

My thoughts orriginally too were that perhaps he's overplaying those hands and similar situations like you were saying sincityguy, but his aggression level is similar to mine as well as a lot of his stats actually and I've been a proven winner in the game.

He's sent me hand after hand where some bullshit gets there on the river and he of course as to pay it off.

He's just running awefully and it sucks it always happens when he tries 15/30.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:10 PM

I can't say I've ever had -13k downswings, but I've had 7kish a couple times and I know the pit you get in your stomach. You can turn it around and be in the black faster than you know it in this game, though.
-James
Old 12-04-2004, 03:35 PM

Sorry that this is happening to you but thanks for posting. It makes my rough run seem very small by comparison and yet another reminder of the huge swings in this game (as if I needed another). It continues to amaze me how often the fish can bluff raise your AK on the turn with 88 on an AK23 board and catch an 8 on the river. oh well. If you decide to never play the 15 full game ever again I think most of us would be fine with that.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:35 PM

Default dont worry

i took a 12k swing in a week this nov, if u can 8 table 6max games u'll do fine