Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 04:39 AM

Default Hand just now

4 handed 100NL 1/2 blinds

SB: me with stack to cover.

Button: very good player, little weak, but not relevant to this hand.

BB(25): uber-lag shortstack who has been at the table around $30 for an hour now. putting down enough beats to stay alive, but not well.

CO(55): new guy, looks a little fishy, pretty weak/tight. lost 1/2 his stack last hand to button chasing what looked like a flush draw all the way to the river.

My hand: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:

CO minraises, button calls, I call (probably loose but me and button were pretty deep, in my defense) BB calls.

Flop(15):

6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check hoping to just take off a free card, BB bets 7, CO calls, Button folds. Pot is now about 30.

I put them both all-in (44 and 14 respectively)

the thinky:

there's plenty in the pot and if they both folded, that'd be great, but it's prolly not going to happen. BB will call with any pair, draw or overcards here so i'll welcome his call, and CO will probably fold anything but an overpair (which i'm very slightly behind) or a set/flopped straight. My guess was he made his original call with one non-top pair, or a single 8, both of which i think he'll fold here.

I made this post because of the rainbow of responses to the "should this play be made" thread. In that instance i really feel that pushing is the best option every time, but here i'm unsure of my play
Old 12-13-2004, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Hand just now

I'm thinking that the BB, being aggressive and shortstacked would be more likely to push this flop than to bet half the pot. It looks like he wants to keep people in and to build the pot. I wouldn't be at all surprised here to see that he had flopped the nuts, playing 810o.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:24 AM

I dunno man. I like just calling and see what happens. I don't think you're folding out much of anything except AK.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:31 AM

I like this play. The c/r from the blinds on a flop like this is a very powerful move. I think CO will fold out and you up against TP or 2pr from BB. doubt he's got the nutz. Nice move.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:20 AM

mathematically speaking:

if the both were to call, then fm puts in 33% of the total pot.
if CO were to call, then fm puts in 37% of the pot.
if BB were to call, then fm puts in 26% of the pot.
they may also both fold.

I belive BB is pot committed and most-likely your only caller. If that is the case, all you need to be is a 26% underdog and you are at least even money.
In the event that the CO calls, it is hard for me to imagine him not on atleast a better draw.

dR