Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 05:06 AM

Default loss limit (how many buy ins before you leave?)

I'm of the mind that as long as my beats are bad beats and not due to mistakes or tilting, I'm hanging out as long as the game is good. Of course, I have lost up to 4 buyins at the same table. On the flip side, i have come back from those losses sometimes to break even or make a little money.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:39 AM

Default Re: loss limit (how many buy ins before you leave?)

I had a table today where things were so wild i was only playing premium pocket pairs. got all in 6 times as >80% favorite and lost all 6. It happens, even the in zoo that is partypoker, the laws of probability still exist, so as long as you can keep off tilt, stay "even if you have to keep your eyes propped with toothpicks".

fim

sidenote: ironically my best grossing table today was one in which everyone's favorite move was limp/fold. i stole at least 2 buyins of limps and blinds in BS preflop raising alone. gotta love those low variance automoney tables.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:54 AM

Next time you sit at my table, I'm leaving. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2004, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a table today where things were so wild i was only playing premium pocket pairs. got all in 6 times as >80% favorite and lost all 6. It happens, even the in zoo that is partypoker, the laws of probability still exist, so as long as you can keep off tilt, stay "even if you have to keep your eyes propped with toothpicks".

fim

sidenote: ironically my best grossing table today was one in which everyone's favorite move was limp/fold. i stole at least 2 buyins of limps and blinds in BS preflop raising alone. gotta love those low variance automoney tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a session like that a few days ago, I also kept buying back in.

I had set on the flop, all-in called with a OESD, hit.
A set on the turn, all-in, against the same kid, called with an OESD, hit.
KK vs QQ all-in preflop, catches his Q.
And then another coinflip hand goes his way.

I went down 2 buyins that night. If any of those hands had gone my way, I woulda been up about 1.

Poker can be frustrating, but I keep buying back in as long as I'm playing well.