Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 02:39 PM

Default 10-15 BB Late, need some opinions.

well I have been running pretty good at UB with a 20th in the 10 rebuy the other night and a 21st last night in the 5k 10mtt. Although I really hate finishing in these spots, becuase I feel that I could have made a few adjustments here and there to get to the final table.

I would like to get some comments on here about standard play when blinds are at 1000/2000 ante of 150, and the average stack is in the area of 10-15 BB.

My main concern is when you are average in 10-15 range. I am looking to change my play here alittle and need some advice to test out. I see alot of mini raises (2.5-2.75) at this point and it seems to be a more effective overall play than the all in push. I think this for three reasons

1, you can steal the blinds about the same amount of time, and not be knocked out by a huge suprise I have KK or AA hand hehe,

2. you can get action with premium hands to build a better stack.

3. most times the caller is going to be a blind and you can take it down with a flop Push or bet.

I would like to here some opinions on this or other gear changes to try out in this difficult situation for me.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Re: 10-15 BB Late, need some opinions.

[ QUOTE ]
1, you can steal the blinds about the same amount of time,

2. you can get action with premium hands to build a better stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

so they'll call when you have AA but not when you have 67? awesome!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:11 PM

I am either looking to play very small pots or very big pots at this stage (you don't have the stack for anything in the middle). I think 15 BB is too big to be moving all-in with consistently at this point, so I like the small raise. However, if I get called I bet out on the flop much less consistently then when i have 25x or more..
Old 12-10-2004, 03:37 PM

Of course why not, but really my thinking on this may be wrong but thats why I posted for some answers.

you have T15000 in MP3 folded to you have say 910s.

CO T16000
BT T19000
SB T17000
BB T21000

You have three options , as I see (limping not being one) Fold, and for a steal Push or raise 5000.

in this senerio, the player that would call the 5000 or push over it would call your all-in anyways right? so you can get away from the hand if needed?

But if you have QQ-AA , they are folding the same hands to the 5000, but calling again with the same hands that would call your 910 ?

So, its kinda lose less with steals and win less with monsters. Just a thought.