Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 10:08 AM

Default Live 1/2 hand w/QQ in EP

At a full 10-person table yesterday, I picked up QQ UTG+1 and made it $10 to go. I get called in 2 places-- first caller is relatively straightforward (~$225 behind after calling the $10) and the second caller on the button is weak-tight with ~$90 behind. I have both players covered.

Flop comes 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($33 in pot)

I lead out for $20, MP raises to $40, and button flat calls. What's your line here? (neither of my queens are hearts)

The button's flat call told me he either had an overpair or a set (based on prior experience, I don't believe he would've called this with two big hearts, though it was an outside possibility). MP's raise told me he had a piece of the flop (he's raised TPTK almost every time there was a bet in front of him on previous hands) or an overpair, almost certainly smaller than mine.

I reraised to $90 with the intention of folding to a reraise or proceeding extremely cautiously if he called. I felt the reraise here was necessary to find out now if he had a set or not (good/bad?) He folded and button called all-in with his pocket 5s and I failed to hit my two-outer.

Comments on all streets appreciated.