Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 02:37 AM

Default AA into a scary board...what\'s your line?

Party LAGs!

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19.50 BB, between SB, Hero and MP2.</font>
Old 12-07-2004, 02:40 AM

Default Re: AA into a scary board...what\'s your line?

WIthout the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I'd say just call the flop and raise the turn if a blank falls. On a board this coordinated, if it's 2 more back to me I'd fold.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:55 AM

Perfect post IMO.

CO almost surely has the lone A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Just for the record.

Shill
Old 12-07-2004, 03:48 AM

fold when it's two back to you on the flop.

if you see the turn you hafta see the river in this huge pot w/ 4 outs and further implied odds (say, if that river were the elusive A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] yum)

if you're still there for the river, now is also a good time to get out. one of them will almost certainly overcall you. but you shouldn't be here. you should have folded back on the flop.

incidentally, if you make it to the river... calling isn't horrible here, but it would be pretty horrible AFTER an overcall. it's only not horrible because the pot is huge and there are a smattering of draws that SB could have had that didn't come through on this pot, tho' unlikely, and on the micros you'll frequently see everyone drop out on the river in large pots... so it's possible other times you won't get that overcall (Although MP2's 3-bet on the the flop is enough to concern you)
Old 12-07-2004, 04:10 AM

Default results

you guys know that scene in pulp fiction, when the kid comes out of the closet and unloads like 6 rounds from a magnum into the wall, and completely misses sam jackson &amp; john travolta? that is how i felt here...

SB has 8c 9s (two pair, nines and eights).
Hero has Ac Ah (two pair, aces and sixes).
MP2 has 9d Qs (two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 19.50 BB.

i just couldn't pull the trigger and lay this down after the flop and that appears to be a serious hole in my game. I didn't have the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as many of you have noted, and every single street seemed like trouble, since the turn paired the board (but counterfeited SB's 2 pair) and the river made 4 to a straight.

so indulge me here; how do you guys like SB &amp; MP2's lines here?

lucky tonight, maybe next time won't be so... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2004, 04:32 AM

Default Re: results

aside from the fact that neither should have seen the flop?

great!
Old 12-07-2004, 04:37 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
you guys know that scene in pulp fiction, when the kid comes out of the closet and unloads like 6 rounds from a magnum into the wall, and completely misses sam jackson &amp; john travolta?

[/ QUOTE ]

good analogy

die you mother fuckers die!!!!!