Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Folding the nuts!

Another .25-.50 50 max stars hand

I'm in BB with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 50$ behind. MP limps, all fold to me who checks. 2-way 1.25$ pot on the flop.

The flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I check only opponent checks.

Turn is the beautiful A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I bet pot (1.25) and he goes all in for 46$.

I fold.

Does anyone call this?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Folding the nuts!

haha
Old 12-02-2004, 10:20 PM

you have to call. what if he is representing the straight? i can see if he does have the straight for a fact you may want to fold because of the rake, but how can you be sure of this?
damn river
Old 12-02-2004, 10:26 PM

I folded and he showed A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the free roll. That's why I folded.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:26 PM

The only possible reason that i could imagine folding this is if you thought that he had a T and a flush draw. In that case, you're looking at a split pot at best and you'll lose to a flush on the river about 1/5.5 times. Then, maybe, MAYBE you could fold this, but realistically, i don't think you should.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:49 AM

I say good fold. I would be absolutely stunned if this guy didn't have a ten for the straight. If you call and split you win a whopping $1.25. Now, if he has the freeroll, you lose $46 about 18% of the time(call it $8). So, if he has the freeroll more than about 15% of the time, you need to fold. Good fold. You win a little or lose your stack.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:56 AM

what if he's semi-bluffing with a flush draw (no 10)? Can we consider this to be a possibility equivalent to the % of times he has the flush draw and the ten (especially at the wild micro-limit games?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:28 AM

Well, if you call it, the pot gets raked $3, right? I think your $1.25 is lost either way.

Actually, I was just thinking about a very similar situation yesterday, where you could make a huge overbet push into a tiny pot with Broadway (no flush) on board, and your opponent would lose money if he called, thanks to the rake, giving you a pot that everyone knows should be split. Of course, most players wouldn't realize this, but it would still be a cool move!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:18 AM

Thats a great laydown. Why spend that much for a shot at splitting a small pot?

Its also a great move to push if you have the straight and flush draw yourself. Smart opponent. Time to find a new table.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:36 AM

it was defitily a good fold