Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Pokertracker stats in SS games...

Cross posting this since someone suggested I post it here...

How far off am I here from what it takes to beat the small stakes games on Party? Now I know everyone thinks they are a winning poker player and to be honest, so do I. I've read TOP, HPFAP and SSH. I've had pokertracker for a little while now and this is what I've got so far:

1/2 and 2/4 on Party.

13,640 hands(sample size too small I know )

VP$IP: 16.74
VP$ISB: 22.89
-
Folded SB to steal: 87.80 (35/40 times)
Folded BB to steal: 75.86 (44/58 times)
Fold BB to steal HU: 70.59 (24/34 times)
(I'm thinking the above three stats are useless because of the small sample size and the fact that blind defence is less of an issue in the small stakes games)
-
Attempted to steal blinds: 19.24(98/494)
Won $ WSF: 28.51
Went to SD: 30.31
Won $ at SD: 53.05
PF raise: 6.77

Agression Factor:
PF: 0.55
Flop: 3.15
Turn: 2.74
River: 2.26

Overall 1.41

I'm give you what I think is wrong and I'd appreicate replies tell me how wrong I am and what I actually should be doing.

VP$IP,PF raise and VP$ISB.

I'm thinking for these small stakes games on party I may need to be playing some more hands but I'm finding it hard to fit in many more. My VP$IP recently has been climbing over 17 so I think I'm on the right track, but the games are not as loose as people think they are. I don't know how many more hands can be played profitably. My position VP$IP rounds up from around low 16s in EP to mid-high 17s in LP. I'm thinking I need to play even more hands for one bet from LP and do more raising over all. I also think I need to complete more hands from the SB. I've been raising more hands PF and have that over 7% recently but I know that needs to be about 9 or 10 %. I'm also having trouble finding more spots to raise PF.

Blind defence.

I may need to defend more but with the small sample its hard to say. I could be way off though.

Blind stealing.

Probably need to steal more but then again its different in small stakes when the amount people are going to fold is not as high.

Went to SD and won $ at SD.

I don't really know how far off I am on these. Could be part of my problem.

Agression factor.

I've been pushing over a 1.5 overall untill recently when I've droped off because of lack of confidence I guess. I thought a 1.5 was good.

Now I'd like to think of my self as a tight agressive player. I'm posting this here because so far I'm actually showing about -0.5/bb100. Now I know my sample size is MEANINGLESS in terms of winrate. But I thought that I'd post these stats to get some feedback on some stats like VP$IP ect that don't require 100,000.

I beleive I've been running bad over the last 15,000 hands or so. I know winning players often go through streaks like this due to the varince of playing in such juicy loose games and maximizing their EV by pushing small edges.

I'm maining posting this just to make sure I'm not WAY off and unable to beat the 1/2 and the 2/4 at Party. I'd appreciate any input people have on the stats. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker stats in SS games...

13k is a reasonable sample size, obviously more data is better but it's enough to establish quite a bit. There is no set answer to what your stats should be, you need to adjust your play depending on who is at the table, everyone's relative stack sizes and how they are playing. There are times when it's right to be the maniac, other times it pays to be the rock if half the table is relatively decent LAG.

Clearly you're very aggressive for that level which is good but the low VP$IP # suggests you aren't limping enough in late position with drawing hands such as suited connecters, 1 gap suited connectors and AX suited when you have a deep stack and there are loose/aggressive deep stacks in front of you. The other thing it suggests is that you aren't playing your strongest draws as aggressively as you should, at that level the # of times you'll get called when you push with a straight flush draw or a flush draw and a pair on the flop by some donkey with an overpair who doesn't realize you are the favorite is very, very high. Since you have an acceptable win rate (53%) but - BB/100 you need to focus on maximizing $ when you win, you probably aren't value betting enough or pushing all in against calling stations, you need to maximize the $ per win, not just the win %.

BadVoodooX
Old 12-01-2004, 10:07 PM

this is a no limit forum.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:14 PM

Sorry about the mispost. Clicked on the wrong forum.