Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hero....
Raises. 30 41.67%
Calls. 12 16.67%
Folds. 30 41.67%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2004, 11:54 PM

Default I play GOOOOD!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter

Hero (t6500)
SB (t930)
BB (t2570)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t6500 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t780 (All-In), BB calls t2270 (All-In).

Flop: (t10000) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t10000) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

River: (t10000) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t10000
<font color="green">Main Pot: t2790 (t2790), between Hero, SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (t2790).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t3280 (t3280), between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (t3280).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 3: t3930 (t3930), returned to Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has 8d Ks (one pair, nines).
BB has Jd Ad (one pair, nines).
Hero has 6h 2d (two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins t10000. </font>

My emotions play by play, told through smileys...
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2004, 12:16 AM

Default Re: I play GOOOOD!

Where's the option "obvious"?
Old 11-26-2004, 12:23 AM

I dunno if its obvious. We'd really need some info on the BB before saying that. IE if he's likely to call with any two its moronic. If he's tight enough its very much obvious.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:23 AM

sorry daliman, I dont like this one much.

You are already in fine running for 1st place, you are way ahead of the blinds, and you only have 450 chips to gain from the steal. If you do lose you lower your chances considerably for 1st place. If you get called and win I guess you increase your chances, but its not exactly a lock.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:15 AM

The guy in the BB was playing standard poker. With the stacks exactly where they are and all things being equal, I will make this play every single time. I know most of you understand what I am doing, but look at all sides of it before passing judgement.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:24 AM

This play is fine the majority of the time, but I think Daliman is mentally insane for thinking the play is not opponent dependant (and to a lesser extent, image dependant). There is absolutely no reason to make this play if you suspect the BB will call with a wide range of hands.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:38 AM

It's close but I'd prefer to have at least 63o so that I have overcards in case the SB has 22.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:41 AM

Anyway if you are in a spot where it's very obvious that you are bullying the players and have shown a history as such in the past few hands, then I might pass on this one. If it was 4 handed and the guy on the cutoff just folded I'd be more likely to steal as players would play more tightly in that spot (Because diff of 2nd+3rd is smaller than diff of 3rd+4th, and because everyone hates to finish out of the money)
Old 11-26-2004, 02:51 AM

I would like to know why its a "brillant move" then.

According to the ICM this is barely a break even move. The blinds are just so tiny still. I would agree 100% if this were level 6 instead of level 5. And my calculations are based on only a 4.2% chance of getting called by each opponent. ITM their calling standards are going to be much much lower then that.

I used to be this aggressive, but now I dont bother pushing with hands this low when the blinds are still skimpy.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's close but I'd prefer to have at least 63o so that I have overcards in case the SB has 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't be serious! you know how close of an all-in it would have to be to use this as the kicker? anyways all in is fine, but with SB so short a fold is fine too. you are the chip leader all roads lead to rome and any player can be good...it depends more on how your opponents are playing, your read on what they need to call, and how you've been playing. why shouldnt 62o win anyways?