Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2004, 04:54 AM

Default Party 5/10 QQ Help

Friend of mine played this hand. Was curious as to what the correct play would be in this situation, and what would be your plan for the rest of the hand if you stayed in.

Party 5/10, 7 handed

Hero dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in CO

Preflop: UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP calls, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB, UTG, UTG+1, MP all call.

Flop (5 players) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to Hero who bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP raises, Hero ...?

N.B. This hand was played at a 10 handed table, but only 7 players. Posted in SH forum cause I think it's more applicable in this one.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Party 5/10 QQ Help

Due to his relative position to the preflop raiser (hero) this guy wants everyone to call another bet, he is not trying to protect his hand. This makes me think he has a monster or is pumping a flush draw or maybe a straight draw.

Therefore I would call because of your BD flush draw and set outs and the amount of implied odds you had should you hit. If he is on a draw it will allow you to check behind on the turn to get a free card or bet your second pair for value depending on how terrible the other opponents are. I'd probably take the free card with all of these callers.

If he bets again on the turn into all of those opponnets you can probably fold if you didn't improve.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Party 5/10 QQ Help

call the bet, prolly fold the turn if he bets again or I dont pick up anything.