Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 12:17 AM

Default How can I find leaks in my game?

Sorry if this post is a little vague. I don't know what else to do.

In the past I've just sat down and read new books or reread old books and I felt that was sufficient. Lately though, I've been more paranoid about my game and I can't seem to find anything in particular that I want to change.

I play mostly on crypto 1/2 & 1/2 pound tables and I'm about to move to 6 tables of 2/4 at Party.

I've only logged about 17,000 hands so my PT numbers probably aren't gonna help a lot, but here they are anyways(probably pretty average): 2.5BB/100, VP$P 19%, preflop raise 7%, aggression factors: 2% flop, 2.5% turn, 2% river.

Are there any popular leaks that I should be looking out for? I feel that I play very good preflop, it's the later rounds that I'm more unsure of.

How do you find good hands to post? I've never posted many hands because I have a hard time finding ones that I feel are worthy of discussion. Should I just post my losing hands at random?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Re: How can I find leaks in my game?

Generally I'll 6 table with a piece of paper sitting in front of me and I'll write down hands that I think I played wrong or I wasn't sure about. After a session I'll go back to pokertracker and view the hand a few times and figure out if I can get the right play. If I don't know what the correct play is, I post the hand.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:40 AM

get Poker Tracker
Old 11-17-2004, 01:43 AM

He already stated that he has poker tracker...
Old 11-17-2004, 02:37 AM

Any hand where you question your play during or after the hand is probably worthy of discussion. I usually write down hands I played in which I had a tough decision/confusing situation, review them, and post the ones I still have questions about.

As far as leaks go, if you're sometimes unsure of your postflop play, you ought to post some specific hands and get some feedback. Your PT aggression numbers look OK, although those numbers probably should rise some at 2/4.