Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 06:39 AM

Default please evaluate again - btspider am I up to scratch?

Still wanting to move up from 50/1 to 1/2 party. I was recently told by a number of posters here, to increase my post flop agression and VP$SB .. Below is the last 7-8k hands I've played, is this more satisfactory?

I've only taken a cross section of the last 8,000 hands since I have attempted to improve my agression.

All up I have played 14,000 hands for a win rate of 3.49BB/100. Am I ready, and if 'maybe' what possible adjustments should I make?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:56 AM

Default Re: please evaluate again - btspider am I up to scratch?

These stats look pretty solid to me - the only thing I could find that was slightly out of line with my own stats was that your turn aggression is higher than your flop aggression - do you find you're waiting until the turn to punish players when you hit certain hands? I'm just curious as to what specific plays you're making that's causing these numbers to come out the way they do.

The VP%IP is good for any limit 2/4 or above, but you could actually LOOSEN up a little for 1/2 games - though getting in practice for the higher limits is always a good idea.

Your W$WSF is a little lower than mine too - I think I'm closer to 40% than 30% - and you're below 30%, but I could just be more aggressive and take down smaller pots.

I would still try to pick up your pre-flop raising a little more. If you can, get it above 8% - that's a really good spot to be. Anything below 8% and you're not getting value out of certain hands.

To me, the difference between 6-7% and 8-10% comes in the form of making solid position raises - either to steal blinds or isolate weak limpers - focus your next few sessions on seeing if there are situations when you can be doing this.

All in all, it looks like you're ready to move on. Congrats on conquering .5/1, and may the cards continue to smack you in the face at 1/2.

See you soon in 2/4,
Alex
Old 11-16-2004, 08:01 AM

looks to me like you're giving up your blinds WAY too easily. Especially the small blind.

overall, keep up the good work
Old 11-16-2004, 08:03 AM

Thanks for the excellent analysis. On occasion in a multiway pot if I flop a solid set/monster I do call a bet on the flop and then raise on the turn, so that could be it. I also sometimes push on the turn to get my free turn card when in position and in the right situation. Is anything wrong with this? Appreciate all your comments, thanks for taking the time and hope I will see you soon! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2004, 08:09 AM

There is nothing wrong with it at all - I do that quite a bit too, but perhaps I get more scared of potential draws than you do. I would recommend playing 1/2 6-max if you're truly interested in getting your PFR% up - as you will be forced to become more aggressive if you entertain any thoughts of winning consistently there.

Other than that, I really have no misgivings with telling you to move up. Your stats look great, your bankroll is probably more than able to handle 1/2, and if you continue to approach the game with an attitude geared towards learning, you'll be all set. Keep us all informed of your progress.

Alex