Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 02:51 AM

Default Late tourney situation

Taj 50+15. 18 paid, 16 left. There's a significant jump in prize money after 9th place. Blinds are 2k-4k with a 500 ante. I have about T49k.

I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1. I open for 15k, folds to smart LAG BB who moves in and has me covered. He moves in pretty often when stealing and defending the blinds. Call or fold?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Late tourney situation

First of all, I think your preflop raise is a little bit too much, you are putting in nearly 1/3 of your stack. Raising to 11k total will effectively do the same thing as a 15k raise, but save you some valuable chips when you are forced to fold the hand.

This is an easy fold in my opinion. You say the BB is a good player. This means he knows it takes a better hand to raise UTG+1 than in other positions and is not putting you on a blind steal. His all in represents that he definetly has a better hand that AJ. I would put him on AK or JJ-AA. Had you raised from the button instead of UTG+1, you would have a tough decision as he very well may be on a resteal. Here, this is a very easy fold in my opinion.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Late tourney situation

YU raised way way way too much pre-flop trying to convey strength...think about it logically a player with AA KK or AK probably in early postion either limp raises or makes a moderate raise here he WANTS ACTION. A guy with 10-10, A-K,J-J, Q-Q, is gonna move in regardless so yur not really gaining anything from this massive raise and yu get yurself pulled into huge pots with AJ not a hand i like in raised pots........