Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 08:16 PM

Default ICP observation

I count 18 full (or near full) 1/2 tables at ICP at the moment which seems like much more then usual... i wonder if this has anything to do with it being the 1st of the month... hmmm.

happy whoring
cubs
Old 11-01-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: ICP observation

Well, I went to Insane Clown Posse's website as you suggested, and I didn't see these "18 full tables" you advertised.

No sir, I don't like it.

Old 11-09-2004, 08:15 PM

9 days into the month and there are only 8 1/2 tables going... has everyone finished whoring?
Old 11-10-2004, 11:43 AM

I left in frustration...

In 20 minutes last night, I was getting sniffs of their bonuses. One hand I had one hole card to a Royal, stupidly ended up checking it down on the turn and river thinking I would get the $125 bonus.

About 30 hands later I am dealt AA to a ATT flop, turn T. I didnt even care if I was losing the hand just hoping that it qualified for the BB jackpot. Then I find out Aces full of Kings qualifies.

Obviously I was wrong both times but its still frustrating without knowing the exact rules beforehand thinking you have a "shot" at those huge payoffs.

I decided to go back in week 3 of the month and finish off the Crypto bonuses. I do think the fishiest time of the month is the 3rd week of the month. My PT stats indicate a 1.7bb/100 increase in the 3rd week of each calendar month. I broke down the last 6 months. At the 1/2 tables with about 41k hands with just about the same sample size per week of the month.

3.3/100 week 1
3.2/100 week 2
5.1/100 week 3
3.6/100 week 4

I dont need Sample Size Man to come sing his song. The sample is not huge but I am convinced because of bonus chasers and 2+2's either way ahead of schedule doing the bonuses early, or a last minute thing the middle time of the month is where all the crap regulars play. It is not a coincidence that my stats derived this info.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Other side: ICP observation

I play stud on the Crypto sites. I always wondered why I had such a hard time on PokerPlex every month. I would not have the nice wins I had on the other Cryptos. Finally it dawned on me, I always do PokerPlex first!

Duh!!

I should also add that last month was the fishiest I have ever seen Crypto at the Stud tables.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:07 PM

I whored Poker Plex Nov. 1 & 2, and now I'm very happily (and profitably) whoring True, so I won't return to the Cryptos for another week or 2. Which is probably a good thing, since by then most of the good players will have cleared their bonuses and moved on.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:26 PM

I'm hoping it gets better starting today. At least a good amount of the whores have to have moved on.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:40 PM

I think the tables have gotten much tighter since pokertracker was made compatible with crypto sites. I looked at the tables last night....and there wasn't a 10 man table that had a flop% over 34%. The average used to be in the 40's.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:24 PM

anyone want to take a stab at how playing Tuesdays and Thursdays yields? With TotalBet and UKBetting offering their gimmick hands for an extra 20 pounds I wonder if that makes the tables more or less fishy.

I am also maintaining a higher bb/100 in Dollar tables as opposed to Pound tables. I would expect the opposite. Its one of two things.

#1 I think I just have not figured out the wacky ways of the Europeans and the higher variance with worse players.

#2 I have this stigmatism that the Euro players are worse than they really are and think I can outplay them every hand and just run over any pound table.