Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Str8 Flush, i think i played this wrong??

Pokerstars 2-4 NL
I am in the SB with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP has AA

MP limps in with AA , one other caller, i call in the SB and BB raises to 5x the blind, MP calls, other caller folds and I call hoping to see a generous low flop and try to steal the pot

flop comes - 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check on the open ended straight flush and BB bets out making it 12 to go and AA raises to 20, i debate for a minute and decide its good value going for it, both of us call

next card is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
- thats my money card, i check and obviously the A high flush bets out, AA doubles his bet, and i go ahead and triple it.

next card is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] .

this is where i got confused. i had the nuts and was sure one of them had AA and hit there set, but i wasnt sure what the other had. i didnt want to check and lead to no bets all around. so i bet $20, which wasnt even the highest bet of the round, but i just wanted to make money in this situation, both of them cold call and i take down the pot.

obviously it was nice, i made 200 or just over on the pot, but i felt i could have made so much more. was my play on the end too weak because i just wanted money? looking back i knw i could have got much more from the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],

but i just sat there and felt so unsatisfied with that

any comments/criticism is welcome
Old 11-11-2004, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Str8 Flush, i think i played this wrong??

BB misclicked.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

MP limps in with AA , one other caller, i call in the SB and BB raises to 5x the blind, MP calls, other caller folds and I call hoping to see a generous low flop and try to steal the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

you should fold here. you're hoping to flop a draw out of position, or you're hoping to try to steal against BB's likely big pair. yuk.

[ QUOTE ]

flop comes - 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check on the open ended straight flush and BB bets out making it 12 to go and AA raises to 20, i debate for a minute and decide its good value going for it, both of us call

[/ QUOTE ]

this is impossible - the raise is too small. what are the stacks? if it's possible, this is a pretty good flop for to get all-in on.

[ QUOTE ]

next card is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
- thats my money card, i check and obviously the A high flush bets out, AA doubles his bet, and i go ahead and triple it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume you mean that you min-reraised the min-raise. that's pretty bad. either call or make a real reraise. you're flagging yourself as having a good hand here without forcing the opponents to put more $ in.

[ QUOTE ]

next card is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] .

this is where i got confused. i had the nuts and was sure one of them had AA and hit there set, but i wasnt sure what the other had. i didnt want to check and lead to no bets all around. so i bet $20, which wasnt even the highest bet of the round, but i just wanted to make money in this situation, both of them cold call and i take down the pot.

obviously it was nice, i made 200 or just over on the pot, but i felt i could have made so much more. was my play on the end too weak because i just wanted money? looking back i knw i could have got much more from the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],

but i just sat there and felt so unsatisfied with that

any comments/criticism is welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

i would lead the turn. a made hand will (hopefully) give you a call, a flush will likely raise, and the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] will at least call. and if a small flush raises on the turn, you're very likely to get all-in. or at least, you would be if you had a defined stack size.

and then i'd lead out for a lot more on the river. it looks like these guys like their hands - somebody's probably going to call a half-pot bet on the river.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:33 PM

Maybe it's just me but I fold that PF when I am looking at a 5BB raise with only 2 other players in it.

What were the sizes of the stacks and the turn bets? That is your chance to grow the pot so the other players are more committed into calling your river bet.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:56 PM

you played it very wrong. you have a very easy fold preflop, as well as an allin on the river.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:12 PM

Why just make a third min-raise on the turn? The other players obivously have hands, make them pay you off. Make it four or five bets, bet half the pot, whatever. Build the pot, and then lead out for a lot more on the river, because they will be committed to call.