Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Making a Bad CALL

I made the worst call ever, I don't even know why. Stupid thing is all I can say. I have 4000~ in front of me, 4 people in, each with around 500~ and one other guy who has about 20000~. Pot is really small at around 100~. First guy bets ~100 all the guys call and big stack goes all in. Flop is 3-5-6-7, I have a 4 and call the allin. I have no idea what the hell I was thinking, I thought I had the nuts but didnt even see 8-9 or 4-8. This has never happened to me before. Am I an idiot, or just made an honest stupid mistake that everyone does once in a while? I feel like i am a [censored] moron.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Making a Bad CALL

if the flops 3-5-6-7, you're in a crooked game.

And we'd need more info on the players to determine how your calling allin was.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 11-01-2004, 11:17 AM

I did almost exactly the same thing once.

5/5 live game .board was 4 4 10 7 7, no bets until the river, UTG bets $30, next guy goes all in for $1000, and I called my $750 with 76. Then the next guy, a real tight player, goes into the tank for like 2 minutes and I'm thinking #$@% because I realize he has the other 7. He finally folds and the bettor shows me pocket 10s. I wish I could say that I didn't know any better, but how stupid do you have to be to call $750 to at best split a $60 dollar pot.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:53 PM

Yeah, you made a bad call - it happens. We are all people, and people are not perfect. I remember a month or so ago I was in a hand (cash game) and the flop came 3 3 3 so I bet my KQ hoping to steal. It was called and a 3 came on the turn - no bets, and the river was an ace. First player bet and I folded. I was playing three tables, but really I just was not thinking.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2004, 04:15 PM

Misreading the board sucks, and seems particularly easy with a straight. I have done it, although not for anywhere near the same stakes. BTW, what kind of game was this anyway (four to a flop?) and what happened?