Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Looking for a mentor..

Morning everyone,

I know this sounds kind of weird but I am hoping that someone might be willing to mentor me in their free time. I'm not looking to take up a lot of peoples time I'm just looking for someone who I can correspond with via email and would be willing to go over some of my hand histories and give me advice etc.

I have read several books, played for close to 2 years now and have moderate success. I tend to retain, learn and comprehend information a lot better in a discussion based form than I do book form, which is why I am looking.

I've been playing NL HE MTT's for about a year, on Pokerstars only, I play mostly the 2, 3, 5, 10 and 20 buyin tournaments and have about 15-20 top 50 finishes (out of 1500+) with a final table in a 20 and a final table in a 2 PL HE out of probably 75-90 total tournaments played.

I feel my weak points are my ability to chip up early in the tournament, and my ability to switch gears late in the tournament. I play a very tight game, and because of that I tend to fall in love with my good hands when I get them. Or almost blind out when the cards run cold. I also, have a problem loosening up late in the tournament to try to continue to build chips, which means I cannot translate my money finishes into final tables.

I play both live tournaments in my area and online, I would say I play ALOT better live than online because its easier for me to pickup tells, and know my opponents style of play, hands etc.

Anyway, if anyone would be willing to give me some advice when I need it and review some hand histories with me etc I would appreciate it. The best way to reach me is via email @ Love2Flop@gmail.com I have only been a lurker on these boards until now.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10-30-2004, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Looking for a mentor..

I think the best way to go about this is just to be an active member of the forum, by posting some of your questionable hands, and weighing in on other people's hands. You can learn a lot by letting your opinions be heard, and have them supported, or refuted, by people on this forum.